HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   how many deer did you lose? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/216272-how-many-deer-did-you-lose.html)

PaBowhunter29 11-06-2007 02:36 PM

how many deer did you lose?

how many deer did you lose? i lost my first and it was my first buck a nice 115 in. so how many deer did you lose and how many years have you bowhunted?

GMMAT 11-06-2007 02:41 PM

RE: how many deer did you lose?

I hope you don't take this the wrong way....I SINCERELY do....but this is just one of those things I think we ought to keep to ourselves. If others disagree.....I apologize.

I learned this lesson, recently.

RTA47 11-06-2007 02:46 PM

I hope you don't take this the wrong way....I SINCERELY do....but this is just one of those things I think we ought to keep to ourselves. If others disagree.....I apologize.
Yup! You don`t need to know my history and i don`t need to know yoursSome things are best to keep to ourself`s;).

PaBowhunter29 11-06-2007 02:47 PM

if any one wants to put me down for asking a question and for help, then what is this site good for? i know that someone will say something about me losing a deer. well it happens to the best of us.

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I learned this lesson, recently.

bigtim6656 11-06-2007 02:49 PM

i am sure at some time or another everyone losses one be it a gut sot or it ran to the next state or you got down and pushed it

bawanajim 11-06-2007 02:51 PM

Funny I don't see zero as an answer.

big rockpile 11-06-2007 02:57 PM

Well I've hunted Deer and Hogs over 40 years.I know for a fact I shot and wounded two Deer and one Hog,that would have lived,if someone else hadn't shot them a few days later.

People lose an animal if they hunt long enough.Thats just facts.Coyotes have to eat too.

big rockpile

Rob/PA Bowyer 11-06-2007 03:02 PM

I think this is in poor taste as well IMO, sorry.[&:]

People lose an animal if they hunt long enough.Thats just facts.Coyotes have to eat too.
They do enough of their own killing and you assume every lost animal is a dead one, that couldn't be farther from the truth!.

ps, I stripped the poll, I don't think a tally would be in the best interest of our outlook nor the stance HNI wants to take. Again, IMO only.

waiting_for_a_gift 11-06-2007 03:13 PM

I've been bowhunting for over 30 years. I've taken about 20 deer with bow (zero in my first 10 years). I've lost six that I can recall that definitely had internal injuries. Five of the six lost were before I switched to Bear Razorheads 10 years ago. I feel that the razorheads have really made a difference.

cooter144 11-06-2007 03:21 PM

A thread like this does nothing more than give ammunition to the anti's

Yes animals are sometimes lost to hunters...it happens

But I don't see any benefit in posting these numbers IMO