Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how many deer did you lose? >

how many deer did you lose?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how many deer did you lose?

Old 11-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: how many deer did you lose?

I've lost 2 deer in twenty years of hunting.

I dont' see what the big deal with a thread like this is. Who are we hiding from? It's all part of what we do. It's not a secret. If people are that ashamed of what they do in the woods, maybe they should take up something else orget better at what they are doing. JMO.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can see both points of veiw for this thread....but regardless I will come clean. I have lost 1 deer in 8 seasons that I know is dead. I jumped him, and I may still have found himbut the trail ended in a river. nothing on either side for half a mile, and with the high banks there were only a limited # of options for him once in.I have hit two others that were minor and i am certain survived

thats out of....13 deer taken. I have not missed or wounded in any way, a deer in 4 seasons now. That is something I am proud of.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

been hunting ten years and havn't lost one
Old 11-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Personally, I think you need to still be out there looking for the deer you shot. It is dead.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've bowhunted for 9 years and have only arrowed one deer. It wasa horrible shot (I'll admit it) but through perseverance and some help from my Dad and Jack, my Bassett Hound, I found the deer anyways. I hit it in no-man's land, high and back, let him sit, and found him about 4 hours later.

As for gun hunting, I've had my two my muzzleloader kill drop dead in its tracks, three deer with the 30-06 drop in their tracks, and a shotgun deer drop in its tracks.

So my one tracking job, as a bad shot, I found.

I've lost 0 deer. Usually if you wait long enough, and get some help, you can find any wounded deer.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't lost one in 14 years of bowhunting, and I've only lost sight of 2 before they died. All the rest I saw fall.

I think this thread can do more harm than good. You have your opinion and I have mine, but I think more will agree with me. What will be gotten out of it that's constructive?
Old 11-07-2007, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been deerhunting for a total of 31 years this year counting gun. I started bow huntingonly back in 1994. I have lost a total of 5 deer since I started hunting. Oh, an I also lost two that I could not find that was hit when they ran out in front of me when I was driving a vehicle.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

Hopefully this doesn't jinx me but after about 20+ deer kills, 10 or so being being bow... 0.. Got lucky on some marginal shots but always recovered.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

3 since 1995
Old 11-07-2007, 05:44 AM

Ive been bowhunting since 1991 and have I taken 18 deer with the bow. I have lost 4 deer. In those losses, one was a gut shot, one was directly in the shoulder blade ( no penetration), one was through the deer's tenderloin? dont know what happened. The one that haunts me was in the hindquater. Very touchy subject with me. It was about 8 years ago, I was shooting straight down on him, as I hit the release, he took two steps forward and I hit him smack in the top of the hindquarter. I learned that day to never shoot at a deer directly under my stand again. This day still haunts me, we actually found the deer a month later about 300 yds or so from where I last found blood. He was about 115 8 pt. Just made me sick. Still not over it.

Quick Reply: how many deer did you lose?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.