Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Okay To Let Your Dogs Run On Others Property, Or Not? >

Okay To Let Your Dogs Run On Others Property, Or Not?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
It's the country, let dogs be dogs and run the countryside.
1.79%
Let them run, but not during any open deer season.
1.79%
Keep the dogs on your own property or at least try to.
96.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Okay To Let Your Dogs Run On Others Property, Or Not?

Old 11-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Okay To Let Your Dogs Run On Others Property, Or Not?

I hunt the late season on a spot of property (33 acres)that a friend owns and it is out in the middle of no where. His neighbor has two dogs that they take deliberatly on the other side of three properties and drop them off. Pushing the deer into their propert from the other three my friends being one of them. Hunting last year these two dogs must of came through a half a dozen times on me. Getting somebludgeon points before going downthis year.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:11 PM

My parents dogs roam, but we own most of the property surrounding, three generations live pretty well adjacent to each other. The dogs sometimes go over to the neighbors yard to play with their dogs or vice versa. But during rifle season the dogs are tied up and if untied closely montiored. I say that if you want to keep your dogs keep them on your property.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

People need to keep their animals including dogs on their property no exceptions.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:13 PM

I have an invisible fence for my dog and i live in the country.. That being said if the dog wont chase deer or wont bite people i dont really see a problem with it unless there is a chance that it can get hit by a car. See too many dogs getting hit by cars... And at my family's place in upstate ny there is a guy that lets his dog run loose. The dog has already bit my dad and a little girl that lives near by... If i see the dog he is going to take a dirt nap.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:29 PM

Rob, I would agree. Disposing of someone's pet is not necessarily the answer, unless that pet is threatening you. I don't care how mad you are at it tearing apart the fresh kill or chasing away that big buck. Your neighbor may not even know the dog is gone. It's important to know the situation first and explain to the neighbor how irritating and frustrating it can be, which I have done in the past and they have responded to by keeping their dogs home. And again, I would do so in this case if the neighbor weren't terminally ill. Not worth it to me to add another problem to his world at this point. I'd feel awful.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here....if a dog is running free and chasing game animals, you can shoot him on the spot.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:37 PM

chucker34- To your point about the owners not knowing that their dog is out.. I have a trail cam set up and have caught my neighbors dog chasing deer. i let them know and showed them pics. They had no idea and the dog does not get out anymore...
Old 11-06-2007, 01:59 PM

shed33, I believe that's the law here during hunting season, but I'd have to check. Countryboy, good example. For instance, the neighbor dog in question keeps to his yard much of the time while unleashed outside, but in the time the neighbor spends taking a half hour nap inside, that dog might cover a good mile or so and backif he feels like it.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's always best to keep your dog on your property, especially if the neighbors want it that way, and especially if there is hunting land around you.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Dominant Buck

I love my dogs, but I dont love yours. I keep mine at home, I expect you to do as well. I had a neighbor who had the notion, "its the country, so my dog is free". That really pisses me off. His dog would come over and crap in my yard. Growl at my kids/wife and chase them into the house. I got a gut full and told him the next time his dog is on my land, its dead. He laughed and said, "oh, your being silly." i looked right at him and said, "nope he is a dead dog if he is on my property" and I made it clear that if his dog attacks any member of my family, not only will his dog be dead, but he will have me to tangle with. I never had to shoot the dog, it attacked a lady. Her husban shot the dog and beat the crap out of the owner. I guess I was not the only one pissed.

I cant stand a pet owner who does not take care of their pet. And I do not mean feed and water, I mean keep it out of other peoples hair.

Cats are a problem too. People dump them here in the country, where they go feral and eat every thing and spread disease to my animals. That pisses me off real bad.

Quick Reply: Okay To Let Your Dogs Run On Others Property, Or Not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.