Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you ever get

Old 11-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do you ever get

That depressing feeling when you have a mature 160" to 170" buck standing 30 yards away looking straight passed yer stand looking for the doe that you have been mimicking. Well I did this a.m. when out of nowhere the brute showed up and stood in front of me for 30minutes staring straight passed me. Well when he never noticed a deer standing there he decided to walk straight west of my stand. again 30 yards out and no shooting lane clear enough to take a chance on. I even stopped him in the one that had the best opportunities for me but with a buck like this I am not going to take any chances on taking a sub par shot. I stood there in disbelief as he slowly sauntered away into oblivion.
But now if he decides to take the same path in the a.m he is gonna be in trouble because I made a shooting lane large enough to drive a mack truck through. So disappointing to be so close and not able to close the deal. Oh well that is why they call it hunting and not killing I guess. Well fellas wish me luck tomorrow.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:20 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you ever get

Nope can't say I've had one do that yet. Did have a 160 wellunder 10 yards that I couldn't get a shot at.Depression and pure panicwas setting in butsealed the deal at 12 yards. That wasone roller coaster ride of emotions to say the least. [&:]

Goodluck getting him. Yougot him within range once,you'll do it again !! Looking forward to seeingthe pictures of the beast !!

Tim
Old 11-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

I have not had that happen but I want to acknowledg you. You have my up most respect as a hunter to pass a buck like that because of a less than perfect shot. Most people would push the shot. I hope you get another crack at him and good luck. I wish there were more hunters like you out there. Excelent ethics
Old 11-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never had a buck that big close to my stand so I can't say that I know how you feel.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will tell you it is a terrible feeling but I do think that he may pass my way again if I am lucky enough. Like I said next time I will be ready.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:02 PM

ORIGINAL: iowabob85

But now if he decides to take the same path in the a.m he is gonna be in trouble because I made a shooting lane large enough to drive a mack truck through.
Atta boy.[8D]
Old 11-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

You made the right decision not taking a bad shot because there alot of guys out there that would of just let it fly. I consider myself ethical and if it doesnt ensure a good harvest I wouldnt take a shot! Karma perhaps for you in the morning? GOOD LUCK
Old 11-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I commend you too....and i have not been in the same situation, but I once watched numb as a booner put the hurt on a smaller buck at 35 yards. I had a couple of oportunities but never even remembered my bow untill it was too late! anybody who has seen an all out buck fight knows what i mean.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

I see you are in Western Iowa. My dad lives in Monona county,(Onawa) and there is a kid that just shot a monster right out of town...like 200-210 inches. Must be going well in that area.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

I do know the feeling Bob, it's never a good one but at the same time, the priveledge of the opportunity to be there...it doesn't happen every day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.