Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 need help, bad hit >

need help, bad hit

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need help, bad hit

Old 11-05-2007, 02:07 PM

Default need help, bad hit

today i shot my first buck a nice 10 i think ( i didn't count i just know he was a nice buck) well it all started when i was deer walk to a new spot, when i was walking towards me. i didn't shoot bad angle so he sees me ( say deer i hit ) and walks away. i keep deer walking up the trail and just when i'm getting ready to but out my tarsal glands when a monster 6pt. walk head on to me he comes with in 10 ft of my and smells me and runs. so i but out the glands and i grunt and doe bleat and i see tines coming my way and its the same deer as the first. he knows i'm there but he is coming hard to the scent. so i draw and he sees me and its a slight quarting too angle, but i shoot and he spins and it hits him in the intestines and low. long white hair ever where, i trail him and the blood its bright red (like red spray paint on white)and there is just piles of blood and i kick'em up and i see him at 70 yrds ( no shot ) and there is stuff hanging from his belly and dripping blood. i back out and will pick up the trail tomorrow morning. my arrow had clear red jelly on it and white hair. what are the chances i'll find him? thanks and sorry for the long read.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: need help, bad hit

I dont know what the chances are that you will find him but I wish you the best of luck tomorrow. How long did you wait after you shot him? Matbe its a lesson learned to wait a little longer next time.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

just give him some time. dont rush him
Old 11-05-2007, 02:20 PM

Dude, I think you need help with your writing and spelling skills. I had trouble reading through that post. Sounds like you opened that buck up pretty well, and he should die. They don't recover from that type of wound.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya i didnt understand anything what he said at all
Old 11-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

And this is better?
Old 11-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

And this is better?
LOL!!! Should use spell check before raggin on someone else!!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:54 PM

spelling or not, he is asking for help., let him lay for 12 hours or over night, and then go back ., he will be dead some where ,. from what it sounds like ., yes you did push him to soon .,but don't give up .,go get him ,and bring somebody with ,that has done this before., good luck hope you find him .
Old 11-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

You will find him, but don't push him anymore. You already pushed him once and that is one too many times, but you did the right thing and backed out. He may be 50 yards fromwhen you last saw him andhe may be over 500 yards from when you last saw him, but he will be deadby morning either way. Good luck.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Does ANYONE bother to read the tracking thread?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.