HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Day light savings good or bad? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/216014-day-light-savings-good-bad.html)

Huntm Up 11-05-2007 09:47 AM

Day light savings good or bad?

Well with day light savings here I just have one question... Is it good or bad to you? I mean I get an extra hour to hunt in the mornings, but going out in the afternoon on a week day is now nearly impossible... I use to be able to leave the office at 3pm and in the woods by 4pm... Now the 3pm is the old 4pm and I am not in woods to the old 5pm (if that makes sense) and it is to late... Just not to sure if it is a good thing or bad for hunters.

NCRemington700 11-05-2007 09:48 AM

RE: Day light savings good or bad?

Yeah I can't go after work anymore either!! [:@] I think I'll try and sneek in a few morning hunts before heading to the office though. I've been seeing most of my deer in the evenings but ya never know this time of year!

GMMAT 11-05-2007 09:53 AM

I'll be able to hunt some more mornings.....IF I don't get pinned in. Evening hunts on work days are over for the most part.

Javabird17 11-05-2007 09:54 AM

it stinks.. no more hunting after work!

Gundeck 11-05-2007 09:54 AM

Same here. Looks like mornings only for the next two weeks (weekend excluded, of course).

finner 11-05-2007 09:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Javabird17

it stinks.. no more hunting after work!
Same here, i hate it.

GR8atta2d 11-05-2007 09:59 AM

It means I have to hunt local farms and not the big woods I've been hunting. It means sightings will be fewer and winds a bigger factor. There's still a chance for a nice one.

Another issue in Ohio is that this coming weekend is our last good shot. The weekend after that is youth gun season, so if we dare step in the woods we need Hunter Orange on. Then Regular Gun season is on our heels!

Charlie P 11-05-2007 10:04 AM

It's real bad when your wife resets the alarm clock to Pm andit's the AM and you set the alarm for 4:30 am andthe alarmnever goes off. You wake up at 7:30 on a perfect morning.[:@][:'(]

txjourneyman 11-05-2007 10:05 AM

Bad, nomore hunts after work. Weekends only now or vacation days.

JoeRE 11-05-2007 10:08 AM

I hated it when I started hunting in high school....I couldnt hunt afterwards. Now I cannot hunt weekdays regardless[&:]. i also do not like it as I have to get up earlier for mornign hunts

Actually...isnt this 'normal' time? we just went off daylight savings, right?...so that means I hate 'normal' time!