Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 is the rut on in ny >

is the rut on in ny

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is the rut on in ny

Old 11-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: is the rut on in ny

Its on!!, its definitely on man ive seen them chasing firhting and ive even grunted in a few good bucks including a awsome 150" buck it is the time get out there!!
Old 11-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted this morning, and it was the first time this season that I seen and heard a buck chasing a doe!! I'd have to say that starting today till the gun opener should be great!! Stay all day in your deer stand if you can make it that long!!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Spike

Man im so pissed off.. i went out wed morning to hunt and found that some dick head took my stand.. its a summit viper,, i'm new to bow hunting does this happen alot? i hunt an area with houses surrounding the woodline. im looking for the bastard who took it. i was hunting for deer now im hunting forthe bastard.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Spike

im in the lower half of fishkill ny. watch out for the angry hunter
Old 11-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah it happens often enough. Especially if you're hunting an area that you shouldn't be or are encroaching on someone elses spot. They'll take it just so you wont come back.
ORIGINAL: kb777

Man im so pissed off.. i went out wed morning to hunt and found that some dick head took my stand.. its a summit viper,, i'm new to bow hunting does this happen alot? i hunt an area with houses surrounding the woodline. im looking for the bastard who took it. i was hunting for deer now im hunting forthe bastard.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

Oh, and its definitely on. Was out this afternoon and watched a small buck chase and mount a doe twice. Not full on breeding but after two attempts, the doe laid down and tthe buck laid down right next to her. I was hoping to take her and empty her bladder, but they laid down 50 yds from my stand and didn't even get up when I climbed down at 5:10. Pretty soon we wont be seeing any bucks cause of the lock down phase. This may be it for a couple of days.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where in Westchester are you? I'm right across the river in Rockland.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get out there it is on. Had a small eight behind me rubbing several trees then I grunted him into my shooting lane yesturday and I grunted a 4 point across the field tonight while he was sniffing for does.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

Not too far from Yorktown.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Spike

that cool to hear that its on(rut)... sorry that i got so angry before, its that im a father of three with a stay at home wife,, money is hard to come by.. you know that this is my 1st hunt with a bow and i'm learning quickly. i just have to learn to slow down when arriving to my spot.. i spoke them, then i have to wait about 2hours for them to return lol..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.