HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Lone Wolf noise problems?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/215927-lone-wolf-noise-problems.html)

11pt 11-04-2007 08:00 PM

Lone Wolf noise problems??

I just bought a Lone Wolf sit & climb stand. I shot a doe first night out with it ;), but its making a lot of creaking noises whenever i transfer my weight off center of the platform....not exactly my "silent partner." The noise seems to be coming from the ends of the cross-bar. Anybody else have this problem and how is Lone Wolf's customer service on this type of thing?

Inept 11-04-2007 08:02 PM

RE: Lone Wolf noise problems??

ive never seen a lonewolf, or any of theirstands... i build my own... but in my experience its normally the bottom crossbar rubbing on the trunk of the tree.. perhaps this is the case for you aswell? to fix it, i just put a ratchet strap on the bottom.... how is yours connected to the tree? chain??

Cougar Mag 11-04-2007 08:04 PM

I've never had any creaking on mine. Are you talking about the climbing bar/sitting bar? As for customer service I recently emailed Lone Wolf about my bungi cord breaking(middle hook). They immediately sent out a new one.

11pt 11-04-2007 08:06 PM

It's the cross bar just below the belt attachment cams

Cougar Mag 11-04-2007 08:15 PM

It's the cross bar just below the belt attachment cams
The brace that joins the sides I gather. I've never had that problem. Call them and see what they say.

hillbilly archer 11-04-2007 08:22 PM

Pull the traction belt out and you will see 2 allen head screws on each side of that cross bar. Tighten them if they are loose and your squeek should go away. I love my sit and climb. Absolutly quite so far. I've only had it a few weeks though but used it probably 15 or 20 times since then.

hatchet jack 11-04-2007 08:23 PM

I have a Lone wolf climber and I never had any noise problems at all. Never had a problem at all with this stand. Something is wrong with yours. I would say call Lone wolf!

Hatchet Jack

MichaelHunsucker 11-04-2007 08:59 PM

never had any problems with mine making noise...looks like you might want to check those allen bolts

chaseNsplittoes 11-04-2007 09:05 PM

I have actually encountered that problem this morning. I bought I lone wolf hang on last month. Today was my forth sit in it and I too noticed a small "creck" sound when I shifted in my stand. I thought WHAT THE HECK!! I was worried.This was the first time I noticed it. However,I honestly think it was how I secured to the tree. I'll explain. I've been hunting public land andI have only been able to hunt mornings, so when I leave, I fold it up flat agaist the tree so it doesn't "stick out" so bad. I also weave a leafy limb through the base to cover itmore. Might be overkill, butit's really hard to pick out if your not looking for it. Anyway, this morning,when I folded back down,tightened the straps, and got settledI notice that it wasn't sitting exactly the way I had it. It was shifted to left. I was already comfortable and sun was coming so I stayed. Then later asshifted my pressure I noticed it. So, I'll make sure tomorrow it's right and sitting flush, but I think it may be how it sets agsinst the tree. Otherwise it's been solid and super quiet.

Sorry for the long blog and I know it may not even relate to your problem because yours is a climber, but I felt like giving my input incase it could help.

11pt 11-05-2007 07:44 AM

Hillbilly-
You were right. A couple of the allen screws were kinda loose.:) I tightened them up and that seems to have taken care of the problem. I also called Lone Wolf and they said the same thing. I live in Illinois though so if there's still a problem when I go out tonightI will takeit straight to the factory tomorrow. This is a bad week for your gear to not be in top working order......

hillbilly archer 11-05-2007 06:59 PM

Glad you found it, I did have to tighten mine once also. I think they way it folds up and I am constantly folding and unfolding morning and evening, several days a week, they may tend to loosen a little. I check all the bolts and screws every 6 or 8 times I go out. They have always been tight except once. Coulda not been tightened down from the factory too. However mine didn't make noise when I moved in it.

golfpro261 11-05-2007 07:34 PM

I just bought a hand climber stand wednesday. This works great and amazing, but mine also makes some noise. my noise occurs in the seat area if i bend to look around the tree. I am 6'3" 225 and am pretty sure that this noise is not my fault. I noticed the first time i put it together, the seat was not right. The bars that swivel back that holds the strap, has a washer on one side and the other does not have one, so i have to use a lot of physical force to push the bars back so i can use it to climb. My other complaint is the new crappy way that the platform "locks" into place. I have no idea how to work it correctly, i just try to squeeze them in and out until they move. my buddys stand is an older model, and has the thing that you unscrew to move the platform bars into workable condition. It is a very cheap way, the things that you used to screw, spin about 2 inches and do nothing that i can figure out. i like the stand, but am disappointed in the quality now. anyone know if i should contact them and tell them about a washer being only on one side, as the metal is wearing the bar that holds the strap.

hillbilly archer 11-08-2007 07:46 PM

I'f I'm following you correctly, those knobs are what locks the stand open or closed during transport. Loosen them just like a screw(lefty loosey, righty tighty) and open the platform all the way. Now lock them back down and your ready to go.

I will say that this stand will grip some trees that I would never get in with my other stands. I absolutely love it, One of the best things I've ever spent my money on, EVER!