HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Lone Wolf noise problems?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/215927-lone-wolf-noise-problems.html)

11pt 11-04-2007 08:00 PM

Lone Wolf noise problems??

I just bought a Lone Wolf sit & climb stand. I shot a doe first night out with it ;), but its making a lot of creaking noises whenever i transfer my weight off center of the platform....not exactly my "silent partner." The noise seems to be coming from the ends of the cross-bar. Anybody else have this problem and how is Lone Wolf's customer service on this type of thing?

Inept 11-04-2007 08:02 PM

RE: Lone Wolf noise problems??

ive never seen a lonewolf, or any of theirstands... i build my own... but in my experience its normally the bottom crossbar rubbing on the trunk of the tree.. perhaps this is the case for you aswell? to fix it, i just put a ratchet strap on the bottom.... how is yours connected to the tree? chain??

Cougar Mag 11-04-2007 08:04 PM

I've never had any creaking on mine. Are you talking about the climbing bar/sitting bar? As for customer service I recently emailed Lone Wolf about my bungi cord breaking(middle hook). They immediately sent out a new one.

11pt 11-04-2007 08:06 PM

It's the cross bar just below the belt attachment cams

Cougar Mag 11-04-2007 08:15 PM

It's the cross bar just below the belt attachment cams
The brace that joins the sides I gather. I've never had that problem. Call them and see what they say.

hillbilly archer 11-04-2007 08:22 PM

Pull the traction belt out and you will see 2 allen head screws on each side of that cross bar. Tighten them if they are loose and your squeek should go away. I love my sit and climb. Absolutly quite so far. I've only had it a few weeks though but used it probably 15 or 20 times since then.

hatchet jack 11-04-2007 08:23 PM

I have a Lone wolf climber and I never had any noise problems at all. Never had a problem at all with this stand. Something is wrong with yours. I would say call Lone wolf!

Hatchet Jack

MichaelHunsucker 11-04-2007 08:59 PM

never had any problems with mine making noise...looks like you might want to check those allen bolts

chaseNsplittoes 11-04-2007 09:05 PM

I have actually encountered that problem this morning. I bought I lone wolf hang on last month. Today was my forth sit in it and I too noticed a small "creck" sound when I shifted in my stand. I thought WHAT THE HECK!! I was worried.This was the first time I noticed it. However,I honestly think it was how I secured to the tree. I'll explain. I've been hunting public land andI have only been able to hunt mornings, so when I leave, I fold it up flat agaist the tree so it doesn't "stick out" so bad. I also weave a leafy limb through the base to cover itmore. Might be overkill, butit's really hard to pick out if your not looking for it. Anyway, this morning,when I folded back down,tightened the straps, and got settledI notice that it wasn't sitting exactly the way I had it. It was shifted to left. I was already comfortable and sun was coming so I stayed. Then later asshifted my pressure I noticed it. So, I'll make sure tomorrow it's right and sitting flush, but I think it may be how it sets agsinst the tree. Otherwise it's been solid and super quiet.

Sorry for the long blog and I know it may not even relate to your problem because yours is a climber, but I felt like giving my input incase it could help.

11pt 11-05-2007 07:44 AM

Hillbilly-
You were right. A couple of the allen screws were kinda loose.:) I tightened them up and that seems to have taken care of the problem. I also called Lone Wolf and they said the same thing. I live in Illinois though so if there's still a problem when I go out tonightI will takeit straight to the factory tomorrow. This is a bad week for your gear to not be in top working order......