Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lone Wolf noise problems?? >

Lone Wolf noise problems??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf noise problems??

Old 11-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lone Wolf noise problems??

Glad you found it, I did have to tighten mine once also. I think they way it folds up and I am constantly folding and unfolding morning and evening, several days a week, they may tend to loosen a little. I check all the bolts and screws every 6 or 8 times I go out. They have always been tight except once. Coulda not been tightened down from the factory too. However mine didn't make noise when I moved in it.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

I just bought a hand climber stand wednesday. This works great and amazing, but mine also makes some noise. my noise occurs in the seat area if i bend to look around the tree. I am 6'3" 225 and am pretty sure that this noise is not my fault. I noticed the first time i put it together, the seat was not right. The bars that swivel back that holds the strap, has a washer on one side and the other does not have one, so i have to use a lot of physical force to push the bars back so i can use it to climb. My other complaint is the new crappy way that the platform "locks" into place. I have no idea how to work it correctly, i just try to squeeze them in and out until they move. my buddys stand is an older model, and has the thing that you unscrew to move the platform bars into workable condition. It is a very cheap way, the things that you used to screw, spin about 2 inches and do nothing that i can figure out. i like the stand, but am disappointed in the quality now. anyone know if i should contact them and tell them about a washer being only on one side, as the metal is wearing the bar that holds the strap.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

I'f I'm following you correctly, those knobs are what locks the stand open or closed during transport. Loosen them just like a screw(lefty loosey, righty tighty) and open the platform all the way. Now lock them back down and your ready to go.

I will say that this stand will grip some trees that I would never get in with my other stands. I absolutely love it, One of the best things I've ever spent my money on, EVER!