Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Take a look at Cougs form... >

Take a look at Cougs form...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Take a look at Cougs form...

Old 11-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Take a look at Cougs form...

Alright guys I have been playing with this bow for about 3months now, and the more I play and tinker the more I like it. The last bit of tinkering I did, seemed to have found a sweet spot. I had originally ordered a 28.5" bow. And after weeks of playing, and pulling my hair out I decided to try to tinker with my draw, I had a very reputable target shooter help me a little bit because I couldn't get my bow to tear a good hole, other people could but I couldn't. We worked on my grip for a while with no improvment in the tear, but an improvement in the grip. He got another idea, he stood behind me and after a few shots, he said that I shoudl try to lengthen my draw. I immediately asked why, he pointed out that with the DL being at 28.5", the cams weren't really tracking right, because of the way I was pushing out with my bow arm. Lengthened it out, I'm definately more comfortable. Now I'm getting PERFECT holes. The draw now measures, 28 7/8ths. No matter what the draw is, I always have the string, at the same place on my face. Don't know why but it's comfortable. At this DL, my arm has a decent bend, and my shoulder is "locked" in. Anyway, here it is. Tell me, other than draw, what should I do.

And as far as Bowhunting section relevance, this helps become a better bowhunter [8D]

Old 11-04-2007, 07:43 PM

Default RE: Take a look at Cougs form...

Dude that looks perfect. Thats the first time i have ever said that for a "how's my form" thread. Keep it up and good shooting.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty good, maybe just try shooting with the correct hand for once!! I kid, I kid
Old 11-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

it maybe the camera angle but the only thing i could find is to be kinda nitpicking, but you could drop your elbow just a bit. Realy Looks great man. love the thread.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

uhh i'd recommend not shooting into the wall of your house..
Old 11-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

uhh i'd recommend not shooting into the wall of your house..
Ditto! [8D]
Old 11-05-2007, 03:35 AM

I agree with Mo....drop the elbow a tad.....and get the finger off the trigger...you shoot that wall and yer mom will get REAL MAD !!!!!!! Other than that..looks near perfect !!! Good luck in the woods.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

My finger wasn't on the trigger guys. I've shortened that release up quiet a bit, and the trigger is pretty far forwards.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh, GMMAT, Rob, and gang, hopefully this will be the setup going up against you guys in a few weeks
Old 11-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

You're left handed and you have a Darton shirt on ......fix those and take another pic [8D]

Quick Reply: Take a look at Cougs form...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.