Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Weirdo in the woods.(Long) >

Weirdo in the woods.(Long)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Weirdo in the woods.(Long)

Old 11-03-2007, 08:09 PM

Default RE: Weirdo in the woods.(Long)

Droptine, how in the hell are you going to defend yourself in a court of law for shooting someone trespassing on your property. Maybe the guy was high, or just plain crazy, but to just shoot someone for walking on your property that is a little overboard. Dont get me wrong, I would shoot someone, but only in self defense.

You did the right thing, you called the proper authorities. Let the authorities deal with it the legal way. I would also carry a gun for self defense, but dont start blastin cause he's wandering on your land.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:19 PM

Another thing to think about is the police do not go against an armed person alone and at the disadvantage of being in a tree. You could end up dead in a gunfight against a rifle. Gather information and make a complaint. MV out!
Old 11-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

What have you been smokin' Rihno?
Old 11-03-2007, 09:41 PM

When ever I see people with guns trespassing and I am in a tree I try to just leave them alone and hope my camo works. They are already breaking one law, they may be in the mood for more. And being pinned up in a tree in a gun fight is not wise, I would rethink that one.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:38 PM

In response to droptines comments, I learned the hard way long ago not to make an enemy of a marine or ex-marine, but..... your suggestions on this and a few other threads have been less than well thought out. You do NOT want to get in a firefight with a bow.
Now, a ghille suit, a good hiding spot, and a well tuned .308 would work out OK... until law enforcement comes for you.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:59 PM

I'd have drawed backi on the dude and whacked the rifle out of his hands then run out of the tree stand with my knife and pinned he down and threatened him that if he moved he just might lose his head when the cops get there have him arrested then sue him for every piece of crap he owns lol!

Are you sure he did'nt say bamboo some **** hole over here grew some marajiwana or however you spell it and he called it bamboo thats when I got off the job and had his ass fined.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Geeze Dude, I thought sure I was on my own land. I didn't mean to mess up your hunt. BTW I think your deer are eating all my bamboo plants. If I see any more of them nearby I am going to blast them. And finally, you are out in the woods, sitting in a tree,yelling atpeople, and you are calling me wierd. Go figure....
Old 11-04-2007, 04:37 AM

When ever I see sombody in the woods weather it be private or public land I just sit back and let them walk and take the apropriate action after he is gone and out of site.You just never know what wackos are out there and what they might try and do.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:16 AM

ORIGINAL: alleganydeerslayer

What have you been smokin' Rihno?
What makes you say that? This all happened yesterday afternoon. I think the real question is what was the guy on my land,with a gun during bow season smoking.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:45 AM

Always bring a handgun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kingfisher97

[hr]

A bad day of hunting is better than a good day at work.

Quick Reply: Weirdo in the woods.(Long)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.