HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Riverbottom set GETS IT DONE!! BBD!! (PICS ADDED) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/215691-riverbottom-set-gets-done-bbd-pics-added.html)

mobow 11-03-2007 12:02 PM

Riverbottom set GETS IT DONE!! BBD!! (PICS ADDED)

Oh my gosh ya'll, I don't even know where to start.....Pictures will be later this evening, I'm still working on some business here, so I'll hit the hightlites....

North wind today, perfect for the riverbottom. I get the woods about 6, but got a bit disoriented and couldn't locate my tree......So I sat my butt down and waited till I could see better.

Well, I was only about 20 yards from it, and by 7:10 I was up the tree, situated. I just hung my bow on the hook, sat down, and literally 2 minutes later I hear a deer walking. I look up, and there he is, right in front of me at 25 yards...at 20, he stops and looks at me.

Now ya'll, this is where good camo is worth it's weight IN GOLD.....My Enigma had him baffled.....He looked at me for about 5 minutes, but never really got nervous. Then he turned and proceeded to walk downwind, presumably to catch a whiff of what he sees in the tree.....

When he turned, he walked behind a huge cottonwood, and I stood and drew all in one motion. He stepped out from behind the tree, and the Vectrix ate it's lunch!!!

I hit him high in the shoulder, and he dropped like a stone. Wasn't happy about the shot, but the 2 follow up shots were in the money.....:eek: In case you didnt' catch that, I panicked a little bit and shot that big boy 3 times....Just to make sure.....He expired very shortly thereafter.....

So in summary, I climbed my tree at 7:05, and by 7:15 I had my first ever archery buck!! And a mature 8 pointer at that, I couldn't be happier.

I have SOOOO much more to say, and will tell all in an upcoming field journal entry.

Again, I'll post photos this evening.

I want to thank absolutely everyone here for always being encouraging, and there is nothing more fun than sharing this with all of you, my friends. It's been a rough week, but this sure is sweet!!

I do want to say a couple of specific thanks. First, to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who, without him, would NONE of this be possible. Secondly, buckeye, buddy, you've sat on IM with me for so many hours these last couple of years....You've always been ready with a bit of advice, or just to listen to me ramble. I wish you could have been here bud......

There are many, many more.....and my journal entry will be much more envolved. Sorry bout the pics, I just can't do it from here.

EDIT: Here he is folks......Not the best pics, but my wife is still an amateur...

vikesfan353 11-03-2007 12:04 PM

RE: Riverbottom set GETS IT DONE!! BBD!!

Congrats!

peakrut 11-03-2007 12:05 PM

Congrats Mo you sure have earned it buddy

MILLERTIME10 11-03-2007 12:08 PM

Great Job, can't wait to see the pics. There is no better feeling than putting that first buck down with a bow. Congrats again!!

PaBowhunter29 11-03-2007 12:12 PM

great and congrads on your first buck!! add them points for the freezer filler

ORIGINAL: mobow

Oh my gosh ya'll, I don't even know where to start.....Pictures will be later this evening, I'm still working on some business here, so I'll hit the hightlites....

North wind today, perfect for the riverbottom. I get the woods about 6, but got a bit disoriented and couldn't locate my tree......So I sat my butt down and waited till I could see better.

Well, I was only about 20 yards from it, and by 7:10 I was up the tree, situated. I just hung my bow on the hook, sat down, and literally 2 minutes later I hear a deer walking. I look up, and there he is, right in front of me at 25 yards...at 20, he stops and looks at me.

Now ya'll, this is where good camo is worth it's weight IN GOLD.....My Enigma had him baffled.....He looked at me for about 5 minutes, but never really got nervous. Then he turned and proceeded to walk downwind, presumably to catch a whiff of what he sees in the tree.....

When he turned, he walked behind a huge cottonwood, and I stood and drew all in one motion. He stepped out from behind the tree, and the Vectrix ate it's lunch!!!

I hit him high in the shoulder, and he dropped like a stone. Wasn't happy about the shot, but the 2 follow up shots were in the money.....:eek: In case you didnt' catch that, I panicked a little bit and shot that big boy 3 times....Just to make sure.....He expired very shortly thereafter.....

So in summary, I climbed my tree at 7:05, and by 7:15 I had my first ever archery buck!! And a mature 8 pointer at that, I couldn't be happier.

I have SOOOO much more to say, and will tell all in an upcoming field journal entry.

Again, I'll post photos this evening.

I want to thank absolutely everyone here for always being encouraging, and there is nothing more fun than sharing this with all of you, my friends. It's been a rough week, but this sure is sweet!!

I do want to say a couple of specific thanks. First, to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who, without him, would NONE of this be possible. Secondly, buckeye, buddy, you've sat on IM with me for so many hours these last couple of years....You've always been ready with a bit of advice, or just to listen to me ramble. I wish you could have been here bud......

There are many, many more.....and my journal entry will be much more envolved. Sorry bout the pics, I just can't do it from here.

Tikka 30-06 11-03-2007 12:15 PM

Congrats Man!! I don't know anyone who deserves it more!! Cant wait for the pics

Arrowmaster 11-03-2007 12:20 PM

Congrats...

bloodcrick 11-03-2007 01:04 PM

Im jumping up and down :)this is wonderful news Don. I cant wait to see the pics and here more story, congrats buddy!! (The power of prayer ;))

Matt/TN 11-03-2007 01:13 PM

Great job Mobow!

Are you sure it wasn't an antlered doe? :D[8D];)

Sliverflicker 11-03-2007 02:43 PM

Great Buck Mobow, Congrats on a well deserved, hard earned trophy.
They will have to find someone else to pick at now!:D