Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stolen Elk

Old 10-31-2007, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Stolen Elk

I know what I am posting is not bowhunting but I am a bowhunter. My friend is a rifle hunter. I am posting for a friend. Just wanted to get the word out for him. I posted in Big Game section also.

Posting for a friend of mine. He shot a Bull Elk on Friday the 26th of October in North Central Colorado. They skinned and hung it at there camp. They went back out to see if they could get his buddy an elk and when they came back the Elk had been stolen. Someone backed there truck up to the tree, cut the rope and drove off with the elk. The tire tracks looked like the old bias ply tire tread, for those who know what that looks like, so most likely old truck. Whomever took it left the guys permit on the ground (under a rocks edge). If anyone has any info or has seen someone whith a 6x6 with a broken main beam tip on theright hand sidelet me know. Mostlikely he isn't going to be showing it off to most.Thanks for looking, can you believe someone would do this. It was his best Bull yet!!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:06 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-31-2007, 10:02 PM

Default RE: Stolen Elk

Wow... that is just sad. So sad to think that someone would actually do that....
Old 10-31-2007, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

you sure it was someone stealing it? And not a bear or Mountain Lion? I've seen what a Bear can do to a deadElk.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:09 AM

can a bear or lion drive a truck ,,,helloooooo. dont think so.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

you sure it was someone stealing it? And not a bear or Mountain Lion? I've seen what a Bear can do to a deadElk.
If a bear carries a knife to nicely cut a rope and take the tag and wire off the antler and set it under a rock then it could have been a bear.. Just kidding, that is how it was found though. There was also tire tracks from what looked like the old bias ply tire type tread, so most likely an old truck.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: swamp rooster

can a bear or lion drive a truck ,,,helloooooo. dont think so.
You must not watch cartoon network.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

LMAO.

Seriously, good luck in finding it, the perp proablly does this all the time, just driving the hills looking for an oppourtunity.