Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PA buck down for deerslayer! >

PA buck down for deerslayer!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA buck down for deerslayer!

Old 10-31-2007, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA buck down for deerslayer!

Went with my buddies tonight to hunt there property. They work till 5 so we didnt get in till late. I got in and settled in it was already like 5:20 so i figured i was screwed from the start. The spot they set me in looked promising and my buddy said the deer always come from you're left or in front of you so i was mainly watching there. At 6 i tried a rattling and grunting sequence to no avail. So i was just sitting there watching 2 does out in fronta me about 90yd away relaxing it was 6:25 only about 10min of light left about that time i catch motion to my right so i looked here comes this deer 20yd away i didnt see horns at first than it gets 15yd and i see horns he's coming on a beeline right to me looking right in my direction so i couldnt move he gets to 4steps and stops sees me keep in mind i am hunting off the ground with just a little blind in fronta me and spooks. He runs out to 20yd so i get the bow up quick he takes off stops at around 45 than takes off to my left and stops at 40 i was ready i touched the trigger on my horton legend xt175 and i hear impact a big loud crack so first instict is shoulder shot but no as the deers running off i see my arrow sticking in its neck only about 3" down from the head so im really confused. I called my buddy he came down we backed out went down to his house to grab some lights and wait for his brother to come down out. We let it go about 45minutes and decided to go up and look and see what we could find. We did a little search for blood and found some about 15yd from the impact spot it was good blood and lots of it so we decided to press on for atleast 50yd and see what the trail looked like so we kept going and the trail kept getting better and better about that time there he was. He made it a grand total of 60yd tops. Somehow i have no clue exactaly what happened he must have brought his head down to lick himself or something as i shot because i caught him about 5" behind the tip of the nose and the arrow came out about 3" below the head with about 6" of my shaft sticking out. When he fell he busted mybolt off but i found the other half. The shot was not near what i intended but it was extremly deadly i figure i must have caught the jugullar. The bucks rack is a normalscrub 6pt but i couldn't be prouder of him.All in all its been a GREAT season for me in penns woods. I'm all tagged out on deer and theres alot of season yet ahead. I'm looking forward to helping family and friends put some venison in the freezer. I do have a turkey and bear tag yet so i'm going to go for the pennsylvania grand slam. Wish me luck!

Old 10-31-2007, 08:39 PM

Default RE: PA buck down!

Congrats man. You PA boys are putting a hurtin on em'. Beautiful deer!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck, congrats deerslayer and good luck on your grand slam!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats Matt, Did it feel like the Greene county deer that walked up to you last year :-)

You going to MD this January for SIKA deer??

Old 10-31-2007, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not quite Jim that sucker was 3x the size of this one. Ill get back to you on the sika hunt i appreciate the offer.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA buck

Congratulations!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great buck we're gonna have all the Iowa guys coming to PA soon.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:53 AM
Bartender

Congrats
Old 11-01-2007, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, nice buck deerslayer!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations to you!

Quick Reply: PA buck down for deerslayer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.