Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Killing a "BIG DOE" or a TROPHY Buck? >

Killing a "BIG DOE" or a TROPHY Buck?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Little girls kill "BIG DOES"
11.11%
I will pass on a "BIG DOE" inorder to harvest a nice 10 point.
41.67%
I wont shoot anything but a trophy (130 class) buck
11.11%
I don't believe in shooting does, does are for little girls.
2.78%
Shooting "BIG DOES" is not a sport!
11.11%
If it's brown it's down. I'll kill anything, even the neighbors dog.
22.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Killing a "BIG DOE" or a TROPHY Buck?

Old 10-31-2007, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Killing a "BIG DOE" or a TROPHY Buck?

I get sick and tired hearing this crap about guys killing a "BIG DOE". What would you rather kill, a nice 10 point buck that scores 150 or better points or a "BIG DOE"? I realize alot of hunters are meat hunter and prefer to kill a "BIG DOE" but how many hunters out there will sit through countless hours inorder to pass on "BIG DOES", Spike and 6 pointers to have a shot to harvest a mature Boonie?
Old 10-31-2007, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Killing a "BIG DOE" or a TROPHY Buck?

Not even worth a response
Old 10-31-2007, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

EDIT

I'd like to take the opportunity to retract my response. I thought this was an honest opinion type poll. But it's not, it's being used to bash other legal hunters and I choose now, not to participate.

You ask for an opinion and then bash others who express theirs??

The fact that our goals are more along the same lines does NOT mean we think the same! I support hunters, shooting what makes them happy, as long as it is legally done.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I myself will leave all the "BIG DOE" killing for the kiddies or the ones who want to help out their states DNR by killing "BIG DOES" to balance the herd. I hunt 3 states and the money I have to pay for out-of-state lisc., I'mNOT shooting "BIG DOES", I only hunt trophies.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rookie51

Not even worth a response
Go elsewhere then.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:13 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: RidgeFACTOR

I get sick and tired hearing this crap about guys killing a "BIG DOE". What would you rather kill, a nice 10 point buck that scores 150 or better points or a "BIG DOE"? I realize alot of hunters are meat hunter and prefer to kill a "BIG DOE" but how many hunters out there will sit through countless hours inorder to pass on "BIG DOES", Spike and 6 pointers to have a shot to harvest a mature Boonie?
No need to pick. I shoot two big does a year for meat. Ill wait on a big buck, but if the season is coming to an end, ill arrow any mature buck. Ill leave the buttons and yearlings alone, other than that, Meat is meat.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:14 AM
Dominant Buck

This will be getting good.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: RidgeFACTOR

I myself will leave all the "BIG DOE" killing for the kiddies or the ones who want to help out their states DNR by killing "BIG DOES" to balance the herd. I hunt 3 states and the money I have to pay for out-of-state lisc., I'mNOT shooting "BIG DOES", I only hunt trophies.
Well good for you. I, as well as a lot of other people, shoot does, its an acheivement none the less. Yes, I have started passing up some bucks for bigger ones. And yes if I had the extra money and decided to put that into extra licenses like your bragging about having and doing I probably would pass up a lot more deer.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:16 AM

Thats a personal choice you make, just like the guy that enjoys shooting big does makes his own personal choices on what he wants to harvest. Thats the beauty of our sport, we all get to decide what our personal trophy is. For some it's a spike, for some it's a doe for some it's a 150'' giant. To each his own and no one has the right to judge what another man decides to harvest.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

depends on location.

Quick Reply: Killing a "BIG DOE" or a TROPHY Buck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.