HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   debate- Hold point from tree stand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/215157-debate-hold-point-tree-stand.html)

Irish Knots 10-31-2007 09:40 AM

debate- Hold point from tree stand

i know alot of people debate about holding high from a tree stand (15-feet up)

others say hold right on

others say low-

Anyone have their point of view?

txjourneyman 10-31-2007 09:41 AM

RE: debate- Hold point from tree stand

Bend at the waist and aim where you want to hit.

Bob H in NH 10-31-2007 10:06 AM

Climb 15 feet up, toss out a target and shoot at it to see where you end up. Everything else is just suggestion everyone is different, depends on bow fit, shooting form etc.

Me, I aim where I want to hit.

MN/Kyle 10-31-2007 10:07 AM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Bend at the waist and aim where you want to hit.
what he said.

mauser06 10-31-2007 10:14 AM

why try to debate it when you can go PROVE it???

take a target out and shoot from a stand, house roof, elevated deck, where ever you can get.

bend at the waist, maintain your anchor points, settle the pin where you want your arrow to hit, and watch it strike right where you wanted...

definently take a target out and practice though...some guys say it feels unnatural and takes practice...i found that for me to release an arrow, i have to have my anchor points or i KNOW something is wrong...bending at the waist helps keep those anchor points the same when shooting downward...

burniegoeasily 10-31-2007 10:15 AM

Depends on the situation. No general answer will do here.

Heck, very seldom do I stand. The last 10 years ive just set. That is when im not on the ground. On the ground ill usually be kneeling.

burniegoeasily 10-31-2007 10:19 AM

I agree, you should practice the way you hunt. I climb all over the place when I practice. On the house, on the shop, on my office, in a tree, on the ground kneeling, on the ground standing, even setting shooting behind me,etc. etc.

Irish Knots 10-31-2007 10:19 AM

i am in full agreement on practicing - i shoot 5 nights a week typically with the wife.

i agree with the hold on where you want to shoot.

it was more of a generic question for the fools i work with

Slo-Pitch 10-31-2007 10:35 AM

Yeah this is something that I honestly believe that will be different with diffenent people.... You have to see for yourself... My buddy can hold right on and hit bulls eye all the time.... I have to aim a little low cause my shots from 15 feet up at 25 yards tend to be approx 3-4 inches high when I hold right on bulls eye.... I don't know why but I have come to accept that thats the way it is and i make adjustments for it.... good luck

nchawkeye 10-31-2007 10:54 AM

As long as you use proper form and have a good rear reference or 2, have practiced with your broadheads and with or without your face mask then the arrow will hit right where you aim...Leave any of these out and you are guessing.