Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many bucks do you get to tag. >

How many bucks do you get to tag.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many bucks do you get to tag.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How many bucks do you get to tag.

Here inOK we get 2 bucks for all 3 seasons and you can take both during archery like I did last week.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Indiana allows one antlered deer, defined as having at least one antler 3" or longer, and a seemingly endless number of antlerless. The only exceptions to this are urban deer zones and park reduction hunts.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:40 AM

In Minnesota you can only shoot one buck per year, whether it be from bow or firearm. Then depending on the area, you can shoot 1-5 does.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Yeah I got lucky! A friend of my wife has a rich husband. He owns 200,000 acres that borders Big Bend National Park. He invited me and has hinted that it could be an annual trip.
I live in Texas but don't hunt here unless I get drawn for a permit hunt (I was drawn two of the last four years). I hunted an area in 1999 between Big Bend and Black Gap that one of the vendors of the company that I worked for put on. Saw a lot of small mulies and mulie does, but no grandes.

Good luck to you!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

I like the new reg's in Oklahoma. I have passed on 4 young bucks this that I would have shot in previous years when we could kill 3 bucks. We can harvest up to 6 deer with no more than 2 being bucks. Plus 1 more antlerless in a special december season in parts of the state.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

In Missouri, the previous response was correct for Firearms, 1 Buck, unlimited doe tags for most areas. For Archery, 2 Bucks provided one is before and one is after firearms season + unlimited doe.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

Im in an urban zone in indiana we can kill something crazy like 12 does, and two bucks if one is taken with an urban archery tag.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dusty_

In Minnesota you can only shoot one buck per year, whether it be from bow or firearm. Then depending on the area, you can shoot 1-5 does.
Yes Siiiiiiiiir.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:25 PM

In Indiana you are allowed to kill one only Buck and the antlerlessbag limitis based upon each county. It is legal to take your county limit in ALL 92 counties. I think the number of antlerless deer possible is approx. 350.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

VA = 3 bucks and 3 does then you can buy extra doe tags.

NC = 2 bucks and 4 does (I'm pretty sure).

If we shoot deer on our own land we don't have to use a tag we check it in under landowner, I usually just use a tag though.

Quick Reply: How many bucks do you get to tag.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.