Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Update on bad shot. >

Update on bad shot.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Update on bad shot.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Update on bad shot.

I have to say, after reading some people's comments it has taken some of the joy out of finding this deer. I mean, some people think that Im not a responsible hunter.
don't put a whole lot of stock in a internet forum, and don't let anybody steal your thunder, everybody has or will lose one someday, i have been very blessed that i have very few non recoveries, but thru marathon tracking experiences (mine and other peoples) i have learned some very valueable lessons, the main one is never give up

glad you found your deer and look forward to the pics
Old 10-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations!!! pics???
Old 10-30-2007, 07:15 PM

Congrats on your deer- look forward to seeing the pics!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Spike

Nice job! Glad you recovered your deer so you don't have to stress all day at work.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:29 PM

like i said ,,good job ,,everyone needs to track a deer sometime ..keeps you tuned .makes you a better woodsman..you can learn alot on a blood trail,,im sorry you had to meet some of our jirks on here,,there not the true sportsman..but congrats,,
Old 10-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats...glad you were able to find him!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right on Va... glad you found him. Congrats ..looking forward to seeing him
Old 10-30-2007, 08:08 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Thanks bigcountry, I have to say, after reading some people's comments it has taken some of the joy out of finding this deer. I mean, some people think that Im not a responsible hunter.
I get into these lost deer, and seeing the outcome. You just to look past alot of the crap. You got to understand some if not alot of these posters, are kids.

People love to tear other down. I have been lucky this year, and not had to track much out of 4 deer. But know that feeling well of not knowing if your going to find an animal.

I am taking off all next week and hunting everyday. So maybe my big buck will roll by.

Congrads again.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the perseverance of finding your deer. Dont mind what other people say. Some of us has jobs that you just cant get away from at the spare of the minute. Im glad you found your deer. Now get some picts of that deer with your kids and give that wife a kiss on the cheek for being understanding. And play the lottery so when you win you can hunt all the time and not worry about taking off work to pacify the others............
Old 10-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

I have to say that from my memory of being a student...it was always a really big deal if teachers called in sick. I always felt that as soon as a teacher had a sick day...then I was able to take "SICK" (ditch class) days as well. You were definately right in worrying about your career first. A lot of people look up to you and you did the right thing here, just as most teachers try to do, by setting examples. Anywho, don't let anyone ruin this for you. I
I'm happy for you and hope to see pictures soon.

Quick Reply: Update on bad shot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.