Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Update on bad shot. >

Update on bad shot.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Update on bad shot.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Update on bad shot.

congrats...
Old 10-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

He was a nice 8pt, not too wide but good tine length and decent mass. I will hopefully have pics on here by tomorrow. Bawanajim, you are right in the fact that I left them to go, but I only go when it is ok for me to leave, Im a very dedicated father, my wife wants me to go out and enjoy my hobbies. Not exactly sure what you are saying. Are yousaying I should not have gone? Please explain.Anyway, thanks again to all who helped me.
Once you shoot a deer it becomes your responcabilty to recover it and consume it,or make sure it is properly used.
Some how I doubt that as a school teacher today this early in the school year that your sick days are used up or that a small crime spree would be the direct results of you missing a few hours of work while recovering your deer.

You did the right thing thanks, Jim
Typical Buck

I just found both threads as well. I am glad you were able to find your Deer. Some of the responses from the other thread surprised me. If you would have not gone out tonight and looked and just waited till 3 tomorrow I could understand their responses but man. Like I said I am glad you found him. Post some picks for us why don't you. And Congratulations.

Thanks bigcountry, I have to say, after reading some people's comments it has taken some of the joy out of finding this deer. I mean, some people think that Im not a responsible hunter. I have been hunting my entire 32 yrs on this planet, I have made bad shots and not recovered deer, but not many, and I have learned from those mistakes. I may have led on a bit about the shot being bad, it really wasn't all that bad. I mean, it was not where I wanted it, but good enough to get it done. Should I feel guilty about leaving my kids to hunt? Or about not taking tomorrow off? I had a plan for tomorrow if I didn't find him tonight/ I had someone to watch my 1st period class and then I have planning period for 1 1/2 hrs. so I would have been able to get out there if needed. Am I having to justify to myself??
Old 10-30-2007, 06:59 PM

I do have sick days, but I try to save them for when my kids get sick if I have to. I had a plan, if you my reply to bigcountry you will see . I know that it is my responsibilty, that's why I went back and found him, trust, noone wants a deer toi suffer or be lost because of bad ethics more than me, but my career has to come first and like I said, I don't go to the woods thinking Im going to have these circumstances, though I know it can happen, but I would have made it work.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Va--you did the right thing. I used to be a teacher and I know how hard it is to take off....the job I have now is even harder to call in "sick". I would be leaving alot of people in harms way. YOU DID THE RIGHT THING and found the deer. You should be proud of your buck and the concern you had for the animal. Obviously you care for the animal. DO not let anyone suck out of the fun on this one! Have a great week and feel great.

"Some how I doubt that as a school teacher today this early in the school year that your sick days are used up or that a small crime spree would be the direct results of you missing a few hours of work while recovering your deer."

Ignorant comment. Mocking to say the least and not helpful at all.

vashadow
Old 10-30-2007, 07:02 PM

Thanks buddy, that makes me feel better, teaching is not easy, and taking a day off is a big deal, you know that im sure, some people have no clue what it is like for a teacher, I love it, but it is challenging!!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:08 PM

congrats buddy. I logged on just to see if you found him yet.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Hey man forget about all the negative things you read and simply enjoy your kill. I would be very proud of any deer that i killed. Congrats brother and i cant wait to see those pics.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Ignorant comment. Mocking to say the least and not helpful at all.

vashadow
And you too have a nice evening , And maybe when you get done pickin yer teeth you'll see those little smiley faces.

Lighten up Francis................

Probably won't understand'em but thats another one of lifes challenges for you to master.

Quick Reply: Update on bad shot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.