Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bad shot!! What do yall think?? >

Bad shot!! What do yall think??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad shot!! What do yall think??

Old 10-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bad shot!! What do yall think??

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

I dont normally post about stuff like this, but you had no right shooting something knowing that you couldnt go out in the morning to look for it if needed. But goodluck in what ever you do.
What?... If that's the case then 95% of hunters would not be able to hunt.

Good luck findin' your deer. It'll die I'm sure. I don't know how cold it is there but if its cold I'd wait until tomorrow PM. If not then go back later tonight. Let us know if you find it.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

Hey... Don't feel too bad... Sounds EXACTLY like my first cross-bow shot... I hit a doe in the middle and it was a liver shot... With the angle it exited very low on her other side. I ran out of flashlights (lessoned learned) and had to wait till morning. Found her about 50 yards after I gave up... She had her rear munched on probably by 'yotes...

It is a shame, but at least she didn't suffer too much.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:38 PM

I'm with you TNhagies, i know that i dont always have 2-3 three days in a row and i sure as hell dont plan on takin off that many days just to go hunt. I dont get much time to hunt so i do it when i can squeeze it in. Not all of us have the luxury of takin off work just to hunt. I say go out as soon as you get a chance man. He's dead, and from the sound of it, you'll find em. Keep us posted man, and good luck to ya
Old 10-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I'd head out there around 2 am and start looking with a good lantern and a couple of flashlights. Good luck. I think you got him.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:48 PM

Man some of you guys need to chill out! Not everybody on this site is unemployed like some of you must be!
I'm all for finding deer, but dang!
Good luck finding it man- hope you're out there right now looking. If not, tomorrow at 3 he will be just as dead.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:55 PM

Liver shot...especially if it is bleeding that well 100+ yards away. Giveit about 5 or 6 hours.As for those of you telling this man that he shouldn't hunt...come on. Lay off him.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: IshotBambi

Man some of you guys need to chill out! Not everybody on this site is unemployed like some of you must be!
I'm all for finding deer, but dang!
Good luck finding it man- hope you're out there right now looking. If not, tomorrow at 3 he will be just as dead.
If just as dead is all your looking for why don't you just hit them with a truck? Just as dead just as unfit to eat.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:20 PM
bigcountry

Oh my, the HNI official ethics police are in full force tonight.

What cracks me up is some of the police are not even employed and don't even have a job yet, but giving advise on a person needs to blow off thier job, (the thing that takes care of thier family and feeds them) cause they owe it to the deer. Just freakin hilarious.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:31 PM

hey big country ,,a couple of them even said dont hunt if you got to work the next day,,,,think there antis....bs.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Oh my, the HNI official ethics police are in full force tonight.

What cracks me up is some of the police are not even employed and don't even have a job yet, but giving advise on a person needs to blow off thier job, (the thing that takes care of thier family and feeds them) cause they owe it to the deer. Just freakin hilarious.
I had a job once ,didn't think much of it. Took up to much of my free time.

Quick Reply: Bad shot!! What do yall think??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.