HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   One of two buck I took Oct. 25th (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/214869-one-two-buck-i-took-oct-25th.html)

JCNinOKC 10-29-2007 07:42 PM

One of two buck I took Oct. 25th

First off I want to apologize for the picture quality. Due to the circumstances of being away from the house on a job and having no camera other than a camera phone that died after taking the photos of the bucks fighting this was the best I could do, but I still want to share the experience. Here is one of the twoarchery bucks that I goton the 25th. I gotthemdown in McAlester where I was working last week. I came across two bucks fighting that were locked together so tight that they could not seperate even to get away from me. I knew they would starve to death so Itook both of them. Theywere both 10 pointers and looked to be twin brothers or seperated by a year apart. One weighed 145 while the other weighed 122 field dressed. I got picks on the cell phone of them fighting before I shot them. The guy I was working with helped my drag them out so I gave himone of the deer because I can onlyafford to get one mounted. I had to use my feet and legs while he pulled to get them seperated.We managed to get them apart without breaking anypoints.

my7pointmonster 10-29-2007 07:46 PM

RE: One of two buck I took Oct. 25th

i may have taken a different route, i would have gotten a chainsaw and cut their horns off. I dont doubt you made an ethical choice but i would have done it differently congrats on your bucks!

Ryan.

monsterbuckhunter17 10-29-2007 07:46 PM

that is a real nice tallbuck congrats on that one

muckland 10-29-2007 07:47 PM

wow...what a find..Im sure it was legal to take both animals? congrat's two monsters..

Deleted User 10-29-2007 07:48 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

JCNinOKC 10-29-2007 07:49 PM

Yes! Very legal. I am allowed 2 bucks archery.

Sliverflicker 10-29-2007 08:04 PM

Congrats.

popeandyoungchaser 10-29-2007 08:06 PM

I think yo made the right choice in taking them both. Whitetails are very sensitive creatures and have been known to die from the stress of just being around people during mark and recapture studies, so the chainsaw might kill them from shear stress of having people and the chainsaw being so close.

Western MA Hunter 10-30-2007 05:45 AM

Awesome buck... congrats!

iowabob85 10-30-2007 05:52 AM

WOW gotta love those Tall Tines. Nice buck there at least they didn't starve to death.