Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Made the switch tonight finally... >

Made the switch tonight finally...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Made the switch tonight finally...

Old 10-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Made the switch tonight finally...

My bow is cranked to 60 lbs. I have asked a few guys around here that are using them and they swear their lives to them. One of my buddies brought back a 135 inch 9 pointer his first afternoon out with them and the deer didnt go 50 yards.

This is the first expandable I have ever shot. Always shot Satelites until last year when I switched over to Montecs.If I get home tomorrow in timeI will go try to find out what they do to an old doe out feeding in some biologic.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

I've also switched from the Montecs to the Rage, but haven't got to try them out yet, never been high on the mechanicals but figured I'd give them a try. Maybe I fell for the advertising but after watching the latest Drury Bros. video, I figured I needed to give them a try.

One question though, they always come apart when I put them in a quiver, what do you do about that?
Old 10-30-2007, 05:48 AM
Dominant Buck

I've killed either 5 or six deer with the rage heads, THIS year. They are.................

"As-Advertised".

I'd tend to put a little more faith in people's testimonies that have actually USED the heads they're bashing. The only thing I hate about them is the inability to get the replacement blades. The heads, themselves, are incredible.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:51 AM
Bartender

I have also made the switch, you guys using any type of rubberband to keep them locked? It seems not to take much to come free.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

GMMAT, Good to hear you are having success with them. Could you please educate us on your draw wieght and what you feel the min.would be to get a complete pass through with the rage BH. Like i said previously, a good friend of mine has not had an exit hole yet on three deer this year. He is shooting 50-55lbs. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

I just bought a pack of rage broadheads and im planning on trying them out on Thursday. I know a lot of people complain about them opening on their own but the ones in the pack i have seem to lock in solid. I must say though that most of the complaining i have head about people loosing deer are from the people that are not even using them. Everyone on here that i have read about that uses them loves them.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:01 AM
Dominant Buck

I am NO expert on what your setup needs to be to shoot mechanicals. I shoot an '07 Bowtech Allegiance on 66#'s. I KNOW my setup is sufficient. I can't speak as to what a minimium should be. I'll leave that to those who know, better.

I can tell you I would NOT be shooting any kind of mechanical head with a DW of anywhere near 50#'s.....ESPECIALLY out of an older model bow. I'd be shooting a COC, fixed-blade BH of some sort.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

GMMAT just wondering what kind of Ke you are putting out at 66#. I am shooting 60 and just wondering the difference.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

Im shooting an 05' Allegiance at 71lbs and have had nothing but pass throughs out to 36yards. Great (short) bloodtrails and my KE is somewhere around 78ft lbs last time I did the calculator. My arrow is about 430 grains traveling 290fps. My KE figure might me off. I cant find the calculator post.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:16 AM
Dominant Buck

It was around 80#'s with the 125gr. Muzzy's. I'm sure I lost some/gained some with the switch back to 100gr. head (of course I picked up speed). I haven't chrono'd my bow with the 100gr. BH. I can't say, for sure.

Quick Reply: Made the switch tonight finally...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.