Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trespassers make key to MY gate >

Trespassers make key to MY gate

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trespassers make key to MY gate

Old 10-29-2007, 12:05 PM

Default RE: Trespassers make key to MY gate

I am a land owner also and anymore i spend more time keeping people from trespassing and hunting on my farm than hunting myself. Seems like the county sherriffs office and game wardens don't won't to help and you can't do much yourself but ask them to leave. It disgusts me, so I know exactly what you are talking about.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr
and you didnt prosecute on sight because??????????
ORIGINAL: twildasin
Set up a meeting?? they were tresspassing press charges! end of story!
I didn't have much of a choice. I was back in the woods without a cell phone to call anyone. Not to mention it was a Sunday. I called the game warden today. Fortunately I know who the tresspassers were.

ORIGINAL: MarinePride
What do these trespassers do for a living?
This isan unusual twist to the story. Both of the adults work in the county commissioner's office. Even if the game warden tickets them, I'm not sure it will stick due to political connections. I also fear reprisals from these guys. They could literally give dozens of keys out creating alot of problems for us.

Stay tuned.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:03 PM

I don't know what the laws are in your state, But I was under the impression they are suppose to be international. When you take the test for being a locksmith, you also take an oath not to use any of your knowledge illegally. And if he has a Bump key also known by other names, he is suppose to carry his locksmith license with him. That license is like a drivers license and you should be able to get the number off of it. This can get his license as a locksmith removed. This also puts him in the situation of felony charges. Not the same as if John Doe tresspassed on you land. I would be contacting the authorities and his bosses and reporting what you found. The unfortunate thing is that they had kids with them. Good luck in whatever decision you make. Maybe just by catching them, they will now stay away.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:28 PM

That is just low and they are scum of the earth. My agents gave me their cell numbers. Talk with them and get their cell numbers. Prosicute! Prosicute! Some are really dumb and need to be dealt with no matter what the connections. I am so tired of the scum that the next one will feel the wrath built up from all of them.Get a concealed carry permit and always carry a gun.Get another small section of chain. Put a separate lock in the link. Rub poison ivyall over the lock which they have a key to and only use the new lock. Then hope they rub their eyes after opening lock.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:01 PM

Actually had two fellas poaching on my property and one shot the other in the leg. Being that are property is pretty large they had to helivac the fella out of there. When the other guy came up to apologize for being on our land I simply smiled and said "It's alright, I'm pressing charges" and walked away. I don't need some hilbilly bob shooting his cousin/brother on my land
Old 10-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

IM to the point that i just call the local sherif and the game warden when I see people on my land. Ive gotten sick of the P.O.S. tearing up my land and poaching. I had a bad spell where people were cutting my fences and doing all kinds of crap on my land. I even caught a guy who threatened to turn me in for being on his land. This was my land and he was threatning me. I simply pulled out the cell phone and said, "let me save you the step" and I called the cops. We waited and I toldthe cops, ill be pressing charges.
Is that how your son ended up in knox county jail?
Old 10-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: madvilledoc

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr
and you didnt prosecute on sight because??????????
ORIGINAL: twildasin
Set up a meeting?? they were tresspassing press charges! end of story!
I didn't have much of a choice. I was back in the woods without a cell phone to call anyone. Not to mention it was a Sunday. I called the game warden today. Fortunately I know who the tresspassers were.

ORIGINAL: MarinePride
What do these trespassers do for a living?
This isan unusual twist to the story. Both of the adults work in the county commissioner's office. Even if the game warden tickets them, I'm not sure it will stick due to political connections. I also fear reprisals from these guys. They could literally give dozens of keys out creating alot of problems for us.

Stay tuned.
if that was me, they would be minus some glass in their vehicles, and -5 tires on the same vehicles by some odd occurance of events, especially if the law cant do anything about it, just dont get cought if your going to do it.

Just how i would handle that Bullcrap.

Ryan