Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What happend!?(UPDATED!) >

What happend!?(UPDATED!)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What happend!?(UPDATED!)

Old 10-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What happend!?

He ran 75 yards and crossed a river with no lungs. That is one tough buck. In NY, I believe that three feet on either side of a river is considered public. Did he check the other side at all?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

they actually did cross onto the leased land unknowingly
Old 10-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

In NY you cannot enter another person's land without permission even to track a deer. You can contact DEC and they will try to intercede, but if the owner says no, that is the end of it.
Same goes for Pa. it sucks but thats the law! I waited till dark and can honestly say I tresspassed just to get my deer. I was willing to pay the fine but I was getting my deer!
Tim
Old 10-29-2007, 11:35 AM

That is one instance where I forget the law.[&:]I am not going to kill an animal and not be able to retrieve it because someone said "No". That just seems rediculous IMO. You can bet I'd cross that river and go as far as I had to.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can understand the reasoning of this law to a certain extent. But i think it should be allowed if you notify the landowner. Its most likely more a saftey issue more than anything. if you just jump over the fence the owner wont know your there and whos to say he makes sure of his target before he starts shooting.
I think if you notify the land owner and track while wearing blaze orange it should be legal. But its just my opinion.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Spike

I would thing if he owned the shop, he would be more than willing to help fellow hunters retreive a deer. It would be bad for business to sell someone equipment, and then not let them recover a downed deer.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

I can understand the reasoning of this law to a certain extent. But i think it should be allowed if you notify the landowner. Its most likely more a saftey issue more than anything. if you just jump over the fence the owner wont know your there and whos to say he makes sure of his target before he starts shooting.
I think if you notify the land owner and track while wearing blaze orange it should be legal. But its just my opinion.
I know what you mean. I have never denied access to another hunter for tracking, but it irks me when I catch people on the property and when I ask what they are doing, they say "tracking a wounded deer". Funny, no shots and it is shotgun season. It just makes it harder on the honest majority.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's good news on not hitting the buck.

I agree with a prior poster, you should be able to get in the river and search both banks of the river.
In most states, navigable water bodies and to the high water mark are the public domain, and you
have a limited right of way of passage. I would at least check out the banks if
it was that good a shot.