Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 13 pointer a mile in!! My legs are killin me!! >

13 pointer a mile in!! My legs are killin me!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

13 pointer a mile in!! My legs are killin me!!

Old 10-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Spike

Default 13 pointer a mile in!! My legs are killin me!!

Well, I shot a hoss last nite @ 6pm. Looked like a good shot but gave him 2 hrs just in case. The arrow hit a rib goin in and one goin out @ 30 yds. It buried up to the fletch and somewhat restricted the blood flow best I can tell. I'd have good blood for about 10 yds then nothin for 20, then good for 10 nothin for twenty. This went on for about 200 yds! He hauled butt along the inside edge of a tall crp field then cut into the timber. I tracked him for about 40 yds in the timber then the blood just stopped. The last place I found blood were two spots about the width of the deer apart and 6 inches in diameter. It was midnight at this point, and since I thought I may have bumped him once, I went home and hit it at daybreak this morning. This morning I took a chance thinking he did a little backtracking on his own trail and found one speck of blood where he crossed a big dry creek. He was piled up 40 yds on the other side of the creek. It took me 2 hrs just to drag him out to the crp field. Then, loaded him up in the cart for the long walk back to the truck. I hunt a state fish and wildlife area and you can't use any type of motor vehicles on the property. Finally got him home and skinned out. The head and hide are at the taxidermist and meat is in the cooler. Not sure of the weight, but I would guess he would push 300 on the hoof. I've got some pics on my cell phone, but no way of downloading them to the computer.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 13 pointer a mile in!! My legs are killin me!!

Cool!!

I know all too well what you mean about not being able to use motorized vehicles on state land... the only thing I would have done is once you found him, to mark the spot and go back and get a game cart. I've used them EVERYWHERE... including straight up and down ditch banks, and right through standing corn (that is NOT any fun at all!)

What state did you get him in?
Old 10-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Spike

ok, it says it sent the pic, let me check.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Spike

the pics aren't that great, I'll post the rest when I get them downloaded. Thanks for the tip!!

Old 10-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats one heck of a buck! Way to go!
Old 10-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet Jesus that's a nice buck!
Don't complain to me about being tired and sore. I would love to be feeling your pain brother.
Relish your discomfort. It's worth it.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Typical Buck

Great looking buck to got there. Sounds like you had a heck of a work out. I think I would of had to take a nap...then start the skinning! Great job, way to stay after him!
Old 10-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Spike

Here is anotherpic. He is actually a 10 ptr, but has 3, 1 1/8" - 1 1/2" stickers on his bases. Sorry about the picture quality, may go to the taxidermist tomorrow with a digital camera and get some better pics.

Quick Reply: 13 pointer a mile in!! My legs are killin me!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.