HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   scent control and how often to wash clothes (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/214325-scent-control-how-often-wash-clothes.html)

bigtim6656 10-26-2007 05:46 PM

scent control and how often to wash clothes

OK i use all the scent control products i can and i noticed on my scent spray for clothes it says works for days after spraying on

well if i spray down all my clothes with it should i still wash my clothes everyday i always have
and how long ahead of time do you guys wash your cloths and bag them i usually do it the night before

StrutNtom 10-26-2007 05:48 PM

RE: scent control and how often to wash clothes

If I wear it, it gets washed.

bigtim6656 10-26-2007 05:50 PM

thats the way i have always been strutntom i even wash my shoes atless every other hunt

Ben / PA 10-26-2007 05:52 PM

I hunt alot after work during the week. I change when I get out of the truckfrom cloths in a scent bag and the when the hunt is over, I change back out of my hunting gear. If it's hot, I wash everyday, if it's not, then I may go two days. If I wear it on a Saturday or a day off, it def. gets washed.

mauser06 10-26-2007 05:58 PM

depends...how often i wear it and if i sweated it up bad etc...

this year i been airing them out on the line in the afternoons and spraying with DDW. really seems to have helped...washed them preseason and after 2 weeks...will only wash my scentloc once before the season IF NEEDED...

if you air it out and spray it down and store it in a air tight container, you should be ok....SHOULD...

but i guess if you rool around in dog poop airing it out aint gunna make it smell any better....

sandilands 10-26-2007 06:01 PM

Everyday..... unless I'm sleepin out in the bush. Then I figure the campfire will do the rest

StrutNtom 10-26-2007 06:26 PM

Where you live/hunt probably has a lot to do with this. In SC theres no way you would want to NOT wash your clothes everytime you wear them. At least not any time before December.

KIDD642 10-26-2007 06:27 PM

I use the Scentblocker products and it says to only wash your carbon clothes if they are soiled by blood or mud. wash only when necassary. But you can recharge them in the dryer. This is just from a guy who read the directions on the tags[8D]

StrutNtom 10-26-2007 06:29 PM

ORIGINAL: KIDD642

I use the Scentblocker products and it says to only wash your carbon clothes if they are soiled by blood or mud. wash only when necassary. But you can recharge them in the dryer. This is just from a guy who read the directions on the tags[8D]
How hot does your dryer get? LoL. Nevermind....leaving this alone!:D

Deleted User 10-26-2007 07:35 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]