HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Legal advice... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/214313-legal-advice.html)

shotgun man 10-26-2007 04:38 PM

Legal advice...

Theres been peolpe the last two nights come do stuff to my house. First night they egged my moms car and the house. And last night they paintballed the house. What are the laws about shooting firearms in city limits? I know you can shoot a person if he breaks into your house but i don't know if you can shoot them if they are in the yard.I DON"T want to shoot or hurt them just scare them by shooting rock salt or hit their tailgate with an arrow or something. Anyone know if doing this is legal? and if it is not what should i do?

HNI Jim 10-26-2007 04:40 PM

RE: Legal advice...

ORIGINAL: shotgun man

Theres been peolpe the last two nights come do stuff to my house. First night they egged my moms car and the house. And last night they paintballed the house. What are the laws about shooting firearms in city limits? I know you can shoot a person if he breaks into your house but i don't know if you can shooot them if they are in the yard.I don't want to shoot them just around them with rock salt or something. Maybe even my bow. Anyone know if doing this is legal? and if it is not what should i do?

What you want to kill some1?

Deleted User 10-26-2007 04:48 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Siman08/OH 10-26-2007 04:55 PM

Yea i probably wouldnt shoot at them....just call the police

HNI Jim 10-26-2007 04:57 PM

ok say that you had a kid that was a punk. How would you feel if sum1 shot your son because he was egging sum1s house?

Deleted User 10-26-2007 05:15 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Ben / PA 10-26-2007 06:00 PM

Dress up in your camo get some of your buddies to do the same. Get some walkie talkies. Arm yourself with eggs and paintball guns. Lay and wait. When the little suckers come a calling, return fire, with above said ammo. THEN, and this is the part that will teach them the lesson, follow them undetectedand employ guerrilla warfare as they try to attack a neighboring house or developement. Keep up the fight untill they give and then ask them why they don't want to play that game anymore.

Short Story, I have a riverlot, kids USED TO sneak in and steal beer and head to the cornfield to drink it and then return for more. My buddies and I miked up and messed with them all night to the point that they are unsure of our sanity and haven't touched a beer of ours for two years.

PS. Its also a hell of a good time if you are up for it. Good luck and don't introduce real guns until necessary.

AF Hunter 10-26-2007 06:32 PM

More than likely in you state if you used a shotgun with rock salt or a bow, you are going to either prison or juvie depending on your age. You would be using a lethal weapon to retaliate against eggs and paintballs.

Personally, I would find out who was doing it and then retaliate against their parents cars and homes. I would leave a type message with something like "Do unto others as you would have done unto you and since your son already has..."

If my car got egged and there was a note like that, my boy would have a lot of questions to answer.

shotgun man 10-26-2007 06:44 PM

I don't want to shoot them with my bow maybe their tailgate on their truck. And shoot the shotgun to scare them not to hurt them.If I fire the shotgun just to scare them can i get in trouble for shooting a gun in city limits even tho they were causing damage to my property?

HNI Jim 10-26-2007 06:47 PM

ahh yeah y dont u just call the police do you have like warrents on you or sumthing?