Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Legal advice...

Old 10-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Legal advice...

I believe you will be in big trouble. Call the police. Report the situation and let them handle it. Do not shoot at anything or try to scare them. This could be taken as attempted murder. Then who would be scared? And this is not legal advice just common sense.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:51 PM

no i don't have warrents! last year i got egged and i called them and they said even if they caught them they couldn't do anything but make them clean it up
Old 10-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Ok fellas this thread has gone long enough w/o someone asking... Are you crazy?

Shotgun man...

If you shoot at someone for the reasons you described. You will go to prison. If you shoot someone and kill them with handloaded or "altered" rounds, you will go to jail and probably get more time. Look it up. Theres a documented count case that went all the way to the supreme court where a guy shot and killed someone breaking into his house, but b/c he used "hot" handloaded rounds he was sentenced to prison.

Also....DropTine...I wanna thank you for your service time for our country. I also want to remind you that you are not at war anymore. you are on civilian turf now. In the situation that you described, you would have probably went to prison also. Number one...you had an "escape" route. Youdidn't have to go outside, you even stated that the guy stayed in hiscar. You could have secured yourself and family in the house and called the cops. Number two, the defense would argue that you are a highly trained "killer".

I am not a lawyer, but I do work with the Federal Bureau of Prisons so theres no case I haven't "heard". This is 2007 fellas, not the 1800s.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:04 PM

yeah i did hear about tha jand loaded ammo and people getting sent to jail cuz of it.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Most towns have and enforce strict laws against discharging a firearm within the city limits. For that matter you also have to be so many feet from a dwelling etc etc. You'll do more time than the people harassing you if you start shooting up the city and threatening people. What you do is call the cops and tell them you've had problems. Let them take care of it. You're just asking for trouble thinking about firing the place up.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:30 PM

ever thought of getting it on video? and try and press some sort of "destruction of property" charges
Old 10-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: StrutNtom

Ok fellas this thread has gone long enough w/o someone asking... Are you crazy?

Shotgun man...

If you shoot at someone for the reasons you described. You will go to prison. If you shoot someone and kill them with handloaded or "altered" rounds, you will go to jail and probably get more time. Look it up. Theres a documented count case that went all the way to the supreme court where a guy shot and killed someone breaking into his house, but b/c he used "hot" handloaded rounds he was sentenced to prison.

Also....DropTine...I wanna thank you for your service time for our country. I also want to remind you that you are not at war anymore. you are on civilian turf now. In the situation that you described, you would have probably went to prison also. Number one...you had an "escape" route. Youdidn't have to go outside, you even stated that the guy stayed in hiscar. You could have secured yourself and family in the house and called the cops. Number two, the defense would argue that you are a highly trained "killer".

I am not a lawyer, but I do work with the Federal Bureau of Prisons so theres no case I haven't "heard". This is 2007 fellas, not the 1800s.

I agree with this statement 100%. Taking of a HUMAN life or doing something that can possibly result in the taking of a HUMAN life over such things is just crazy talk. What ever happened to just beating the crap out of someone to set them straight, or calling the cops, thats what they get paid for.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Typical Buck

Dog. Big, loud, barking, mean looking dog.

Where we live, very end of a mile long dirt road with only 1 neighbor within half a mile or so, we have quite a few teenagers park past us and sit to drink, smoke pot or otherwise "enjoy" themselves. It used to be just about every night and they'd always leave garbage all over the place. If they didn't throw garbage everywhere, it wouldn't have bothered me so much. Sometimes the show is worth the price of admission if you all know what I mean. But, what really bothers me is that there could be 100 who come down here and there'll always be one who decides to go beyond the fun and mess with our house, cars or something else. Now, it's pretty much ended because of measures I've learned that work. I walk out and shine the 2million candlepower spotlight down the road, pump the shotgun and tell them it's time to go. They get one minute, then I put a load of birdshot in the air and let them know the next round is buckshot and it's coming right at them. It usually clears them out in no time. If I hear them soon enough, they'll pass the house with me standing on the porch with the 12gauge. But, we live in the county and not the city. Out here you can fire off enough rounds to take down an army and no one willcall the police onyou.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

be careful...b/c if its not your land...esp. if its a public road.....you can and will go to jail if the right people get involved.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:29 PM

you can bet your ass id shoot. i would not shoot to kill or even hit, but however i would blast away to scare the **** outta them. take the beads out and let them see your aiming at them and fire away. they will never be back. now..if they are were trying to come inside then thats when id aim for the knees, if they come inside w/ a gun..shoot to kill, no questions asked.most places have laws about shooting in city limits but there are also tresspassing and damage to property laws. simply shoot one time and if you can tell them if they run they will be shot, then call the cops..you should be fine while you hold them there

Quick Reply: Legal advice...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.