Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's happening in PA... >

What's happening in PA...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's happening in PA...

Old 10-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default What's happening in PA...

We haven't heard much from the jamboree in PA. What gives folks. My internet was down for half the day. So was my brothers but when his came back up mine didn't. I kept checking in, rebooted and all that and nothing. I was just about to call RoadRunner and then it hit me. My dang wireless routerprobably needed rebooting. That did it. So any news??? Probably Rob won't let GMMAT clutter up his hard drive with doe kill threads. LOL Anyone heard anything????? The bucks should be getting on the prowl a little bit checking out the neighborhood.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:40 PM

Default RE: What's happening in PA...

I'm up in Luzerne County, Northeast PA. This season has easily been one of the slowest seasons I have hunted in awhile. We've been getting very unusal hot weather for this time of year. It's been raining 3 days a week and when it doesn't it's still hitting close to 70 degrees. Last year by this time we already had our first flurries. The difference has been staggaring and the deer are simply not moving during the day. Not where I'm at anyway. A buddy of mine who hunts an adjacent property says he saw a 7 and 8 earlier this morning and they were chasing does. But I would say we are at least a good 3 or 4 days still (maybe longer depending on the weather) from hard chasing. I've gone out about 8 times this year and a I hunt all day. I've seen one deer while on stand. A spike with a fork. It's been a long season
Old 10-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have been hunting in southwestern Pennsylvania since opening day and like the other fellow said, it's been real slow. Weather has beer absolutely terrible tthis season, if it's not 85 degrees it raining or tornado winds. Sounds like whining but it's the truth. Haven't seen any bucks sparring, chasing does or anything that resembles "pre-rut" but a couple scrapes. Should heat up in another week or so and cooler weather is in the forcast.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

david, they had a post going...
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2407518

guess they seen some deer...jeff had 2 bucks but no shooting...

no report yet this evening...looking forward to it...

Jeff cant shoot does here...tags had to be applied for in august...

turkey does open in the morning though...Rob saw a pile this morning...maybe they will get into them tomarrow..

maybe they got some bone on the ground...anyones guess...

Old 10-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

ive hunted 3 full days this season and i have seen but 4 does and one very small spike...oim in an absolutely prime area which has been proven successful for me for years but this year nothing is moving...like stated before if its not blistering hot out its raining and windy.....im going to try my luck on a different piece of property tomorrow and hopefully the hunting better over there.....very bad year for me.....
Old 10-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hunting in 2 spots on StatePark land, I've seen 40 deer so far this season. Out of these, only 4 were bucks, one a 10pt at 2:10PM last Sat! I'm sure I've seen some of these deer twice. I have killeda buck and 2 doe so far this season,can't complain.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spoke to Rob earlier in the day. Turkeys are there and so is a pretty good buck that Jeff could not get a shot on. This rain is not going to allow me to video in the morning as we planned. I will meet them for lunch and hunt my own areas in the morning. Maybe I'll video the luncheon in the diner.LOL
Old 10-26-2007, 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: early in

Hunting in 2 spots on StatePark land, I've seen 40 deer so far this season. Out of these, only 4 were bucks, one a 10pt at 2:10PM last Sat! I'm sure I've seen some of these deer twice. I have killeda buck and 2 doe so far this season,can't complain.
40 deer in this crazy weather? Remind me to start hanging out with you...
Old 10-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Most of the PA guys are tagged out
Old 10-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most of the PA guys are tagged out
LOL It won't be long till we are. Things are looking better for next week and maybe even tomorrow. I think the "Pa. posse" needs to make a trip to Ohio next year.

Quick Reply: What's happening in PA...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.