Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Heaviest doe?

Old 10-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default Heaviest doe?

We always talk about how heavy bucks can get, but I've never seen anything online or in a magazine that have mentioned huge does that were harvested. I've shot a couple of does that went between 150-160 lbs. "on hoof", but I know there are some really big does out there. Any stories?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Heaviest doe?

This is a good topic Ohiobuck. I have been hunting almost 50 years and have killed over 125 whitetails and I have NEVER seen a doe that went over 100 lbs, actual weight on a scale. I know lots of guys have. I know they are around, but I have never seen one. I mentioned this to my processor, who does 800 - 900 deer each season, and he said it is very rare for him to see a doe over 100 lbs, but he has seen them.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, my biggest wasn't weighed but I did put one o the scale last yr.
I've shot 2 larger, one was weighed at118lbs........ no head no hide and legs cut off at the hocks. It was actually my first a deer and I cut the legs too high the butcher had no where to hag it from.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

This Doe thatI shot last year was 123# Field dressed!! I entered it in a Heavy doe contest And they weighed it!

Old 10-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

i seen two the other day that looked as big as bird hunt dogs doe there

i do not understand all the hype on bucks and antler size you can not eat them lol
Old 10-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i do not understand all the hype on bucks and antler size you can not eat them lol

You cant eat the rack but..........Them big brutes weigh well over 200 lbs. on the hoof around here. I think the MN record is like 500 lbs.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

true you do get more meat off of a big mature buck then a big mature doe anyone know why
ORIGINAL: Bird Hunt Dog

You cant eat the rack but..........Them big brutes weigh well over 200 lbs. on the hoof around here. I think the MN record is like 500 lbs.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to process deer for Christmas money, when I was younger, and we weighed on a scale at 305#. She was a freak of nature, the other deer would hang with their heads over 1ft off the ground. This freaks shoulders touched the ground, I could barely get my arms around her chest. Biggest doe I have ever seen. Funny part is this guy said he almost didn't shoot her because he thought she was too small!!! He said he didn't have anything near her to judge size and thought she looked small.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:29 PM

true you do get more meat off of a big mature buck then a big mature doe anyone know why
ORIGINAL: Bird Hunt Dog

the deer is bigger so you will get more meat.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nctaxi

I used to process deer for Christmas money, when I was younger, and we weighed on a scale at 305#. She was a freak of nature, the other deer would hang with their heads over 1ft off the ground. This freaks shoulders touched the ground, I could barely get my arms around her chest. Biggest doe I have ever seen. Funny part is this guy said he almost didn't shoot her because he thought she was too small!!! He said he didn't have anything near her to judge size and thought she looked small.
305 LBS!!! ARE U KIDDING??

All the teenagers at my school can only manage to shoot does and they all say the same thing:

Oh she weighs around 180lbs....

In reality though i think most big does prolbably weigh around 120 or 130, anything around 150 is a just a hoss

Quick Reply: Heaviest doe?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.