Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lets stir the beans! FYI >

Lets stir the beans! FYI

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lets stir the beans! FYI

Old 10-26-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Lets stir the beans! FYI

Alright guys. I dont wanna be a prick here or expose anyone, but heres what I believe to be true. Did you know that a lot of these so called state records and buck contest winners are pen raised deer!!!!!!!???????? I know for a fact Bill Jordan got caught doing it once. Buying a deer from a breeder, transporting it to their land and BOOM! And I also know the 200+ deer that was shot in PA last year or the year before cant remember exactly was a Preserve deer that got out. I know this because I know the guy who owns the Preserve and when the deer was weighed/checked in it still had the tag in its ear from the preserve! You have 15 days im told to tranqulize your deer if they get loose from your pen and bring them back. After that they are considered wild, when lets be honest they are not! Also that roland martin guy i think ought to stick to fishing because it wasnt long ago he got caught doing the same thing. Transporting a deer to a certain state turning it loose and claiming recognition for it.! Its been found that a lot, NOT ALL, but a lot of deer you see in your magazines and on thse hunting shows are pen raised deer adn transported to that land or area. I have to GC's in the family and a very close friend who owns a Preserve in PA, I wont mention names, but he was told me several big names have contact him looking for certain deer. to buy and bring back to thier land. Just FYI, hope this doesnt spoil anyones days or their views on their idols, but Ill leave you with this....Everything isnt always as it appears. Shame for the people on this website who are shooting some really nice deer and some monsters to boot. Wont get the sponsorships and attention they deserve for their hard work, bc someone decided to take the fast track and buy a $8,000 dollar deer and make up his best hunting story and whamo!!! Cover of your favorite hunting mag. Anyone else have any stories they wish to share and expose.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lets stir the beans! FYI

I watched a video on Youtube of some big name person (can't remember the name). His stand location was 20 yds. from a high fence. You could see this monster buck walk into the fence two or three times before he got a shot. They video edited a lot of it and it shows on that video the finished product... SICK..... It is a shame that people on here are sitting and sitting waiting for that brute to walk by, and when they get it, they don't get the respect they deserve!!
Old 10-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would just suggest that if you are going to come on here and point fingers you should be able to back it up with FACTS. You need to provide links to the accusations that you are making, and not just talk trash in a general fashion.

I am not doubting that some of your accusations MAY be correct, but let's see the PROOF. It's just BS if you can't back it up. IMHO.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:45 PM

true hunters(most of the people on here) spend hours and days int he woods all year scouting preparing etc. And when they reach that goal of a wild natural 140-150-160 class deer these should be the ones storied and posted in magazines, not these guys putting on a show hunting on preserves and farms. Anyone can smile for the camera and get excited, inm sure it is exciting seeing 20 monster buck in 3 hours. But lets be honest it doesnt happen that way! So as pretty as Tiffany is, and as great as these hunters may be, they just arent doing it the way it should be done. Ive got some nice 120's on my land, id like to see one of these big names come and out hunt me on my land. Then see if they can outhunt the average guy, if they are soooo soooo good they should be able to without a doubt. My money is on the local guy who scouts all year!
Old 10-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

That was Jimmy Houston..

Just think thats how society is..and HNI is a microcasm of that society, are you so naive that you don't believe a few of our monsters are not taken the same way??? Or at a minimum on Guided, outfitted hunts?

Not saying all..I'm not even saying that guided hunts are unfair..if done legally, heck I'd love to go to one of the big name outfitters..but is that a level playing field with Joe Public Land???
Old 10-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

I don't know if the post i recently posted came off the wrong way.. I am not making any acusations, I'm just simply saying that most hunters don't get the respect they deserve when they kill any deer (buck or doe) that they should. And this website is a GREAT way for them to get respect!
Old 10-26-2007, 12:50 PM

Okay well we will sit here and see what people have to say about it. I am sure you will get some proof. Turn on the outdoor channel once in a while. Id say theres proof enough, don't you think. Im not pointing fingers, im just stating my opinion and what ive been told and have heard. I can give you the game commissions phone numbers they would im sure gladly speak about all of these issues,the onesI know love to talk about it. Looks like this topic will be the highest debated, good thing its friday and Ill be in the woods all weekend. Stir up the beans guys!
Old 10-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Fran AKA Quicksilver still wets the bed and sleeps with a teddy bear

Old 10-26-2007, 12:56 PM

GR8 Thanks for clarifying who it was. I got them mixed up. Thanks. I would guess maybe some on here are taking at an outfitter. But I would also believe it is very few and far between on here. Hoping. If someone wishes to hunt in a high fence or with an outfitter that is their business, but is it fair they get all the hype and attention when some people are doing it for real. What makes some of these hunters so special they have thier own tv show? are they that much better of hunters then anyone else? Or did they just have enough money to get one started? Im in a debating mood today sorry guys.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why is it that you hunt for respect ? What is respect if it comes from a complete stranger, he could be the biggest slob out there and you want his respect?

If its respect your after respect yourquarry shoot straight and make clean kills thats respect.
Respect the land owner that lets you enjoy the sport you love.
And always respect TDWW with little or no hesitation.

Quick Reply: Lets stir the beans! FYI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.