Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lets stir the beans! FYI >

Lets stir the beans! FYI

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lets stir the beans! FYI

Old 10-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-27-2007, 03:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lets stir the beans! FYI

I don't know about you guys, but I don't need to shoot a buck the size of a moose to feel like I have shot a trophy. Personally I think this "trophy" mentality is bringing the sport down by comercializing what my dad and his dad just did to fill the freezer and have a good time. For me shooting a nice doe for the freezer is good and I nice 8 point is great. I know I will NEVER see one like the guys on tv shoot but then again I know when I have harvested an animal I have worked my azz off for it and my girlfriend will be happy cause she likes the meat. Maybe we should just be happy for what we have and not what the guy on the other side of the fence has or can do. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: PABuckbuster12

Banned? Is there something wrong with stating your opinion?
It all depends who shares your opinion...lol
[quoteYou can start by telling Rob that you like his house and want one just like it and that you think his wife is pretty. Thats a good starting point.
][/quote]

Priceless BTW, Tiffenny's gonna kick your arsh.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most of us know the deal and can sort through the wheat from the chaff!
Old 10-27-2007, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sure the TV guys have some major advantages over most of us and boy Iam jealous.Those guys NEED to put themselves on good deer or no one will watch and out the window go the sponsers. I just hope what they do qualifies as fair chase and I don't have enough information either way to question their ethics.
Those guys are good. I have yet to see one of them paunch a deer or be unable to recover what they hit.

I have shot a few deer and I really do consider each one a trophy in some sense. Even the baby faced little girl I shot yesterday made for a great morning and I have 50 pics off the digital and her hide will be tanned to add to the collection.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would just suggest that if you are going to come on here and point fingers you should be able to back it up with FACTS. You need to provide links to the accusations that you are making, and not just talk trash in a general fashion.

I am not doubting that some of your accusations MAY be correct, but let's see the PROOF. It's just BS if you can't back it up. IMHO.
Not gonna happen - and rumors are more fun to a gossip anyways.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

Well I know some people that have a hunting shot on television and they don't buy their deer. They have their own land and lease that they manage by their selfs, they do hunt some of these big name ranches but often times they go hang their own stands on this land. They don't hunt high fences or pinned raised deer. Most of the time they don't even pay to hunt these places they get to hunt there for the advertisement of the ranch.