HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   best ever debate, heat it up!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/214261-best-ever-debate-heat-up.html)

slugger1 10-26-2007 06:07 PM

RE: best ever debate, heat it up!!!

fred and tred

bawanajim 10-26-2007 06:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

What did he do exactly???
Time!

RidgeFACTOR 10-29-2007 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

What did he do exactly???
Time!
I think he (Noel Feather) was caught hunting on PRIVATE (Posted) PROPERTYand illegally killing a deer.......may even poached a few.

RidgeFACTOR 10-29-2007 02:42 PM

http://www.taxidermy.net/forums/IndustryArticles/03/g/03E7443AD3.html

willyd5 10-29-2007 03:20 PM

I would have to agree Stan Potts is very commercialized now, but he was gettin it done back before all the cameras and endorsements. Also Chuck Adams has accomplished more than any other bow hunter in the world. Even Fred Bear. Fred Bearwas without a doubt a renowned archer, but this is about the best ever, and My pick would be Chuck Adams bar none!!

ORIGINAL: chaseNsplittoes

Stan Potts.

Vabowman 10-29-2007 03:56 PM

Yeh chuck is our modern day guy, and maybe Bear is the past generation's guy..

Schultzy 10-29-2007 04:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Canned Heat

Chuck Adams......

Are you guys serious? Fred Bear, I'd throw in just on his legendary status. There isn't a guy that's done more for modern day bowhunting than this guy....in the field, or as a journalist. Find me a guy that rivals these stats.

http://www.bowhuntershalloffame.com/members/adamschuck/index.html
Chuck Adams shouldn't even be in the same sentence as these guys i'm about to list. Ishi, Saxton Pope, Art Young, Fred Bear, Howard Hill, Pearson, Glen St.Charles! Chuck Adams is all about money! Half of the animals he's gotten have been in question on the ethics! For example the big bull elk he got in Montana, people say that bull wastaking illegaly! Montana residents in the area where the bull was takendon't much care for this guy and i don't blame them one bit!Sorry but his way of getting animals is not hunting, there given to you with out the hard work of earning your animal. None of these guys i mentioned were about money! They were true bow hunters!

Rory/MO 10-29-2007 04:37 PM

my favorites are the drury brothers
they were born and raised about an hour south of where i live in missouri :D

Vabowman 10-29-2007 04:54 PM

I know, I have heard a lot of different stories about Adams, don't know what to beleive. Ok, so that leaves us with the crazy man Tred Barta, I mean he does do some very difficult things, or at least attemps to do so. He shoots a long bow and doesn't always kill. He says he has got records, don't know what though.

hatchet jack 10-29-2007 05:00 PM

My Pick would be Paul Schafer But I think Chuck Adams would be the pick today in this world!!

Hatchet Jck

358WINMAN 10-29-2007 05:24 PM

Chuck Adams gets my vote as the " do all " bowhunter. His adventures are truly just that!
Fred Bear will always be the " Teddy Roosevelt " of bowhunting!!!
The Drury Bros. are a bunch of " deer feeders" who fatten up and grow monster deer and make videos shooting them. Any one of us here could do that with some collateral to back up the operation, land, a tractor and some Biologic. Spend a couple of years tending to this project and you too could be shooting monster deer on film!!!
Thats how the Realtree team, the Thompson Center team, the Knight& Hale guys, the Kinsky's, the Lakosky's( speaking of Lakosky's, aint that Tiffany a sweet peach!!!Oh Man...to bowhunt with her would be a dream come true!), the Jay and Tammy Gregory team, et al. They all do the same thing 90% of the time. Grow big deer on their property with multiple food plots, put up 75 trail cameras to see what each trail is doing, then set up on the buck of the week and kill him! All of you in this forum could do the same thing if you weren't working 9-5 weekly jobs plus OT to make a little extra!

I vote for guys like Fred, Chuck and even crazy Tred, who take the bow on an " Adventure " and kill a great animal!!!

BUCKEYEhunter140 10-29-2007 06:57 PM

fred bear as teh old school but new time TOM merandia i always like his hunting style. he knows so much about the animala i just really like his style of hunting. i just thought of will primos 2!!!!