Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is the Rut here Yet????? >

Is the Rut here Yet?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is the Rut here Yet?????

Old 10-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Is the Rut here Yet?????

I am stuck down here in Dallas for the next 5 days till my 7 day hunt begins. For you folks living up north and closer to the woods, have you been seeing any buck movement? I am anxious as hell to find out when the rut is in full swing in southern Wisconsin.

Alsheimer predicted the Prime Chase Phase would run early this year from October 22nd to the 31st.But lookng at the overall scorecard I just don't think the deer are running right now or more bucks would be posted. I know the weather is a bit warm but it's starting to cool off.

Gerald Almy in Field & Stream this month predicts the "Seek and Chase" phases will run from Nov. 3rd to Nov. 13th.

Anyone else have some predictions on when the Chase phase will peak? Anyone seeing any lip-curling, or bucks running wiht their nose to the ground?
Old 10-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is the Rut here Yet?????

I'm in northern Missouri and the bucks are just now starting scrapes and checking them. Not to active yet but its starting to kick in. younger bucks are starting to cruise a little during daylight.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

not in IL, wish it were though, soon!!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not really in WI, just finding good scrapes and rubs now.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Spike

I hunt in Polk county Wisconsin. I have seen deer running hard, and reports around me are the showing the same. Road kills seem to be up tremendously as well. Also, this week for work, I road tripped from Minneapolis, to Fargo, to Bismark, back through South Dakota and home. Dead deer were everywhere, and quite a few of them were bucks.

The weather is supposed to be normal, meaning no warm weather.

So.....

Looks good!
Old 10-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

Well I sure hope it doesn't start busting open until I get in my stand Tusday afteenoon. have been stressing the last few months wondering if I scheduled my trip for the right time. Oct 30 -Nov 7th. Anyone else out there seeing any signs? I have 3 NO's and 1 YES so far.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:09 PM

Seen a small 6 pt. chase a doe across a field but the doe didnt want any part of it. That six point almost got himself killed but the wind was on his side for a change. any1 ever notice bucks come from downwind and then you get winded before a shot?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Starting to see some chasing....fasten your seat belts!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:54 PM

I'd have to say the chase phase is ramping up fast and the seeking is starting....In fact, I saw a small 8 chase a doe through and circle her 3 times until he jumped her right in front of me. In the PM, three different bucks followed my scent trail in and offered killing shots if I wanted. On the way into work this AM, I saw a very respectible buck bust a doe out of cover and across a feild...hot pursuit and rut induced for sure.

Tonight the action was slow and late due to the warmer weather. Tomorrow, expet the same. Wedensday is scheduled to be high of 44 w/falling temps all day. I've got off all day and will be in the tree expecting some very hot action. Hopeing for some varion of a east wind for my favorite funnel. Seeking should be the ticket on Wednesday....leave a trial on the way in.

I've got to make the best of the rest of this week because then I'm off to ontario for 9 days.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

Texas not good enough fo ya?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.