Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent-Lok Effectiveness >

Scent-Lok Effectiveness

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Scent-Lok works so well I can truly ignore the wind.
6.82%
Scent-Lok works better than typical camo options.
38.64%
Scent-Lok is equally effective compared to typical camo options.
38.64%
Scent-Lok is less effective than typical camo options.
15.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Scent-Lok Effectiveness

Old 10-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent-Lok Effectiveness

I dont mind being the butt of a few jokes....about being a scent lok user.. I have definately been happy with my results as a bowhunter since I started using it in 98.

I do believe it has definately helped me in minimizing over all human odor.. Do I think we are 100% scent free. NOPE.. still gotta play the wind as the #1 priority..but human scent goes much deeper than just having the wind in your favor, especially if your limited to hunting a small area or want to return to the area..over and over..like when I hunt a few different bucks bedding areas.... I have done my own personal tests of deer downwind in the summers and felt like from what reactions I saw, its definately helping minimize odor...I can share multiple experience with big bucks down wind and even though they may have seemed somewhat on guard...they never went to full all out flight.. versus the few times I have not worn it and had a good buck downwind and the flat out blow out on me..

A bachelor group of bucks...in one test I did....... blew out on me without it.. two days later, same bucks same exactwind, same exact area with the lok on.... fed below..looked arounda bit....but went back to feeding.. this type thing.

When I antelope hunted for 6 days this summer, I wore base layers for the first time, I HIKED MY ARSE OFF..ask TROUTHUNTER... and I was AMAZED that my baselayers in all the sweat didnt stink! I couldnt believe it.... day after day.. all I did was hung them on a fence outside of my camper after the hunts.. but even during the hunts i never once smelled like BO..
Old 10-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Bartender

Whoa Troy not intended at all. Just seen you here and was hoping you would join in on the fun.
Were Hijacking the thread. Sorry about the lack of communication.

Bald?
I better say blonde wife is.
ORIGINAL: shed33

I dont mind being the butt of a few jokes....about being a scent lok user.. I have definately been happy with my results as a bowhunter since I started using it in 98.

I do believe it has definately helped me in minimizing over all human odor.. Do I think we are 100% scent free. NOPE.. still gotta play the wind as the #1 priority..but human scent goes much deeper than just having the wind in your favor, especially if your limited to hunting a small area or want to return to the area..over and over..like when I hunt a few different bucks bedding areas.... I have done my own personal tests of deer downwind in the summers and felt like from what reactions I saw, its definately helping minimize odor...I can share multiple experience with big bucks down wind and even though they may have seemed somewhat on guard...they never went to full all out flight.. versus the few times I have not worn it and had a good buck downwind and the flat out blow out on me..

A bachelor group of bucks...in one test I did....... blew out on me without it.. two days later, same bucks same exactwind, same exact area with the lok on.... fed below..looked arounda bit....but went back to feeding.. this type thing.

When I antelope hunted for 6 days this summer, I wore base layers for the first time, I HIKED MY ARSE OFF..ask TROUTHUNTER... and I was AMAZED that my baselayers in all the sweat didnt stink! I couldnt believe it.... day after day.. all I did was hung them on a fence outside of my camper after the hunts.. but even during the hunts i never once smelled like BO..
Old 10-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Omg she told me to pick up some diet cola to wash my MSG down with. My wifes a blonde so I'll go with brunette.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

MSG is a preservative I think it stands for monosodium glutinate or something like that
Old 10-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shed ..I share your thoughts to a "T".

I have posted similar findings in the past. I'm just tired of having to defend it. Most wearers believe in it, to some extent. Can we forget the wind no..but that rogue breeze doesn't send us into nervous chills.

Those that don't believe your not gonna convince. Those that just wanna bash are going to find a platform to bash more.

So we talk about MSG and diet pop
Old 10-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not taken that way at all Fraley.. I just meant over the years.. all the scent lok controversy... etc.. I dont mind be oneof the so called DUPED GUYS>>.if I am duped and havewasted my money..it hasnt cost me that much...Hey for what its worth I believe I have put it to the test on several old very low tolerant bucks..I can fart in that suit and never smell it.. True statement.. and I know my chit stinks! LOL

I did kill my biggest buck ever in 90+ degree temps after sitting and having a slight breeze blow into his bedding direction for 2 hours..only to have him come out just before last light ... I can't prove that the scent lok made all the difference...but I often hunt winds that change on me..even when they are perfect when I first enter.. I have just had too many positive encounters with downwind animals to not stop wearing it..
Old 10-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Bartender

And bald chicks
Old 10-25-2007, 12:31 PM

Old 10-25-2007, 12:32 PM
Bartender

Sounds good troy.
I am actually going to Bass Pro in about a hour and going to buy some base slayers. After last week with the deer blowing at me I figured why not give it a try. Do you just wear the base slayers or outer garmets also?
ORIGINAL: shed33

Not taken that way at all Fraley.. I just meant over the years.. all the scent lok controversy... etc.. I dont mind be oneof the so called DUPED GUYS>>.if I am duped and havewasted my money..it hasnt cost me that much...Hey for what its worth I believe I have put it to the test on several old very low tolerant bucks..I can fart in that suit and never smell it.. True statement.. and I know my chit stinks! LOL

I did kill my biggest buck ever in 90+ degree temps after sitting and having a slight breeze blow into his bedding direction for 2 hours..only to have him come out just before last light ... I can prove that the scent lok made all the difference...but I often hunt winds that change on me..even when they are perfect when I first enter.. I have just had too many positive encounters with downwind animals to not stop wearing it..
Old 10-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Bartender

GR8=Sponge BOB?

Quick Reply: Scent-Lok Effectiveness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.