Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Land lease already a problem! >

Land lease already a problem!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Land lease already a problem!

Old 10-25-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Land lease already a problem!

I was posting my new lease Sunday when all of a sudden I heard loud crashing in the woods right off of the road. I thought is a buck chasing a doe at first, turns out it was two guys walking away from me. I called them over and they said they were tracking a deer from the day before. They do not have permission to hunt this property, they said the deer ran from their property on to mine. They said it crossed the hard surface road after it was shot?? Not buying it, this road is busy!!! I mean the deer could have ran in 4 other directions, it knows that road is there. It is possible, not likely though. Anyway, they found the deer, nice 18 " 8 pt, salt in my wound, I know they killed this deer on my property. To make it worse, one of them pulled out 2 large racks, heavy, 20" racks from the truck and said they killed them the first day!! This land is very good, I have hunted it in the past and just got the lease again this year. I know these deer were taken off of this property, everyone wants to hunt it because of the size deer. What a shame, do Ihave any reason to be excited about this land now that 3 bucks have been taken???? What are my chances that I can still harvest a nice buck?? They did not kill em all, they just educated what was left.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Land lease already a problem!

Well you will never know unless you get out and hunt there right? Just give it a few trys and see what happens. Sorry to hear about the tresspassers. Good luck.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

How can you be sure that they were shot on the prop you lease?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:10 AM

dont be too discouraged - the rut is just around the corner, and bucks come from miles around
Old 10-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Did you try to reverse track the deer?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

It's a shame but it's also the rut and ANYTHING can happen! Get out there!
Old 10-25-2007, 11:48 AM

Sadly I know one of the guys and the other I know of. I know they hunt a peice that joins mine and it is only 60 acs. they use the same road in as we do. Also, they were very nervous and they had come through the back of my property and parked their truck, instead of parking their truck at the entrance of their property and simply walking across the road. The other deer he said they killed on another piece that joins my land across the highway. Maybe Im wrong, I certainly hope so!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

Make sure they did in fact shoot them on your property and confront them. Talk to the party you are leasing the land from and let them know that people have been trespassing during your lease and that you don't feel like you should have to pay the same amount as you were paying. Just a thought I guess, maybe come up with something better to tell them. It's hard to keep people off your property sometimes, especially when they know there are monsters back there and you may do nothing to prosecute them.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Leave the landowner out of it. He might decide it's not worth the hassle. Where do you reside? Sounds like you need some help policing the place. Just so happens I'm available if it's close enough
Old 10-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

like rickmur said you need help policing it give me a call i'll help i hate tresspassers post a sign saying reward for reporting tresspassing

and everytime you catch some oen there call the cops atless get it on the books incase something happens like the what happen with the china man tresspassing and he shot like 6 people a few years ago i think his name was liek shu or something

Quick Reply: Land lease already a problem!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.