Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Muzzleloader Intrusion >

Muzzleloader Intrusion

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
No interference - I want it to stay that way
25.58%
No interference - I don't care if they start one
16.28%
They have a season during this time - I hate it
27.91%
They have a season this time - I don't care
30.23%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Muzzleloader Intrusion

Old 10-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Muzzleloader Intrusion

How many of you guys have to deal with a special muzzleloader season just when the pre rut / rut just starts heating up? Do you care? Thoughts ......
Old 10-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Muzzleloader Intrusion

Gun, (general), season starts here. I'd love it to be just ML. Although after filling one of my two buck tags last weekend I'm not as concerned.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

The use of a muzzleloader is allowed the third Saturday of November, the start of gun season, through 10 days past the gun season ... it corresponds with the real cold weather and the 2nd archery season here ... not many go then ,,,,, they tried to do something like that in NY .... to many bowhunters complained, praise God
Old 10-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzleloader started last Thursday and ends this Saturday. I am glad more hunters have a chance to hunt. A guy I know took his son (9yrs old)one day and they got a deer. Another hunter in the making .
Old 10-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

In Nebraska it's not a ML season, but a rifle season. They actually close the archery hunting down during the rifle season at the peak of the rut for 9 days. The week before that is pretty good though.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

The use of a muzzleloader is allowed the third Saturday of November, the start of gun season, through 10 days past the gun season ... it corresponds with the real cold weather and the 2nd archery season here ... not many go then ,,,,, they tried to do something like that in NY .... to many bowhunters complained, praise God
Well then, I guess we just need to do away with muzzleloading and modern gun seasons, huh? I love to bow hunt, but I also hunt with a muzzleloader and a rifle. Muzzleloader intrusion, now that's funny.[8D]
Old 10-25-2007, 10:52 AM

MN has only one ML season over two weeks starting right after Thanksgiving. With that said I would not care if another ML season was started. All hunters, firearms, bow, ML should stick together. One does not have any more right then the next, so I would not complain.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

What I really hate is those guys with the compounds INTRUDING into my hunt. Go figure, if they can't kill a deer with a primative weapon why don't they just stay home? Where does the selfishness end?No one group owns the seasons, time of year, or the deer. I welcome every legal, ethical hunter into my crowded neck of the woods and I wish them all success.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Well then, I guess we just need to do away with muzzleloading and modern gun seasons, huh? I love to bow hunt, but I also hunt with a muzzleloader and a rifle. Muzzleloader intrusion, now that's funny.[8D]
Super ....... easy big fella! I must not have been clear .... I am NOT against a season for muzzleloaders .... I have a tag for NY .... I just would HATE if they allowed another week at the best time of the year for bowhunting ..... I do it all .... bow ... Gun ... muzzleloader ..... but I don't want gun toting yahoos, or even self respecting ones setting the deer on edge at the BEST time to be in the woods ......
Old 10-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Arkansas had a muzzleloader season end this past Sunday. It went for a little over a week.

It is fine with me. If I want to continue bowhunting I just slap on some orange and bowhunt.

Most of the time, I just bust out my smokepole and muzzleload hunt for a few days before picking the bow back up again.

I know, I know, "I'm not hardcore."

I like hunting with all the methods. Bow is preferred, but I gun hunt and muzzleload also.

Quick Reply: Muzzleloader Intrusion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.