Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sometimes I forget >

Sometimes I forget

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sometimes I forget

Old 10-25-2007, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Sometimes I forget

It’s been quite a while since I was new to this game, and seeing a lot of “newbie” posts really reminded me of that. I often catch myself reacting to them like everyone has been around this game for years, but I have to remember that no one knows those answers starting out. Heck I think some of the questions asked in here I never even thought of back then, and just kind of learned the answers without knowing it. I think there are a lot of deer out there that are lucky, I didn’t have this resource when I was starting out. They got to live longer…. Or at least until rifle season hit.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sometimes I forget

couldnt agree more rybo....resources such as this site, and the rest of the internet DEFINENTLY made the learning process go ALOT faster for me. i still learn more and more every year..and always will. but my shooting is better than most guys i see at the local club 3d shoots...and out of everyone i know locally, my season went the best...even if i didnt tag my buck i was still onto more and bigger buck. i owe it all mainly to this site and you guys...as well as my own determination and will. i WANT to be the best shot. i WANT to see more bucks and bigger bucks. i go the extra mile most guys locally DONT. but this site definently got me where i am...i KNOW what good shooting form is. i know how to grab an ariel and topo and say HEY! that looks like it aughta be good! etc etc etc....
Old 10-25-2007, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive gotta say, I absolutly love hunting. The problem growing up with that no one in my family hunted, not my Dad or my grandpas or my uncles. One of my friends got me into it but we were about as ignorant as it comes when trying to teach eachother the long lost secrets of the Whitetail deer. With that said i know that without this web site i would not be nearly the person or the hunter that I am today. Not that im extraordinary, but i like the fact that i know a thing or two about the deer woods. Thank guys!
Old 10-25-2007, 06:56 AM

You're right Rybo! I often times find myself having the answers to some of the very same questions I once asked.[&:]A lot of knowledgable people on here.