Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-24-2007, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Call in Check ins ? Where do YOU stand ?

We've got call-ins here in Virginia too. Seems especially good if you're at a camp somewhere remote.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Fork Horn

I just had a great time with checking in a deer here in Wisconsin. I went to my usual bait shop place, but she was at the doctor. Then I went to the bar where I can check them in, but oh shoot they arent open until four oclock on Mondays. So now I have to drive another half hour to check it in, and that lady just happen to be cleaning the bar, or she would have been gone. Not only do you physically have to check in the deer, you have to do it in an adjacent county to where the deer was shot. I hunt four counties away, and it would be nice to be able to check it in my own damn town. This state just needs a whole new set of politicians.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the call in some states have, Here in Mich the DNR just guess how many have been harvested.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

And the other side of that coin is
Here in Mdthe DNR switched to a phone in or an on line check in a few years ago.2 out of your first 3 deer have to be does before you can shoot a 2nd buck. How many times do you think it happens that someone phones in 2 fictitious doe killsin order to shoot 2 bucks back to back or how manyare called in with a 2nd buck down already down and the hunter has no doe kills at all? The system is built for cheaters. All we can do is police it.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:02 AM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Estimated age of harvest
Estimated wieght of harvest

Like others have said, a phone in system is made for cheaters. As for estimating, most think their deer weigh more and nost have no idea how to age a deer. Great in theory though.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator

I prefer physically checking them in like Illinois used to do.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

I prefer physically checking them in like Illinois used to do.
Me too. It was something to look forward to even if you didn't have a deer to check. You would stop by if you saw someone in line just to see what they have and BS, it was a tradition.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I wish my state had call in check, the nearest check station to me is over 10 miles away. I see no need for a physical check in, it's rare that they look at the carcass anyway.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: _Dan

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Estimated age of harvest
Estimated wieght of harvest

Like others have said, a phone in system is made for cheaters. As for estimating, most think their deer weigh more and nost have no idea how to age a deer. Great in theory though.

A phone in system is made for the law abiding. Check stations are made for cheaters.

Ohio hasstations because someone might poach. Carry that line of thought through and your ass is owned by whoever is in charge.

"you must do this because someone else might do that" One hell of a bitter pill that is being forced down the law abidings throught more and more every day. I aint swallow'n anymore.

Check stations are great and I've tried to get Ohio on board.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.