Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
One (Buck)
5.32%
One (Doe)
0%
One (Buck or Doe)
1.06%
Two (Bucks)
6.38%
Two (Buck/Doe/Mix)
32.98%
Three
17.02%
Four
14.89%
Five
9.57%
Six
3.19%
Seven or more
9.57%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Harvest Goal?

Old 10-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Harvest Goal?

ORIGINAL: dvalliere

I'm surprised by the results thus far. There is not one person looking for just one deer that doesn't "have" to get a buck. I would have guessed that tehre would be a few more people that would like to get a deer but didn't care much what it was.

I was also surprised by how many folks were harvesting a lot of deer--a third of respondents are seeking 4+ deer.
Well my goal is to shoot a buck but only if it meets my standards (125+ inches)

So I don't really "have" to get a buck. If that were the case I would shoot the first one that came by my stand regardless of size or age

My roomate hunts in four states with rifle so we will have more than enough venison so I am not going to shoot a doe this year

If i get a shooter buck I will donate the meat to the food pantry

I would shoot some does and donate them to the food pantry if it didn't cost me almost $40 for each one (extra doe tag + $25 fee to the meat processor)
Old 10-25-2007, 02:13 PM

Looking for 6 total.

(4) does -- 2 down already

&

(2) bucks -- 0 down

- I'd like to "fill my tag" for once! But, I got a really nice 9 or 10 pointer I'm looking for. He is my priority #1 now. So, we'll see.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:18 PM

3 bucks...Ontario, Saskatchewan, WI. 2 does...WI.

Realistically, I probably won't see a buck that meets my minimums in WI......so 2 bucks.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am allowed 7 deer this year 1 buck 2 doe or 3 doe regular tag and 4 bow season tags. I would be happy with killing 1 buck and 2 doe.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

only "goal" was to take my first deer with a bow. preferably a buck.

mission accomplished.

got 4 doe tags. really doubt i use any of them...just used them as an excuse to sit in the stand. if i get a shot at a doe up here at school, i will likely take the shot.

will likely use the doe tags as an excuse to hunt flintlock season as well. i like to follow tracks around in the snow "still hunting"...really just scouting for next year and seein whats left out there...would like a doe with the flinter though..that would be another first...i think the flinter is cursed though...
Old 10-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

Three bucks and as many does as I can get! I have one of each already.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I voted three bucks..

I like to aim as high as I can go!!
Old 10-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

I have already shot an 8 point this year. I have passed on 2 forks and another 8 point aready. My plan is to get 1 more buck and at least 2 does. If I do shoot another buck it will be a 130+ ptherwise I'm letting them walk. I have access to block permits for the land I hunt. The farmer has 30 permits for does only, so I'm sure I'll get at least 4 seeing as I have 1 in the freezer already. The best hunting is coming up. I saw 40 deer on the property tonight through glasses from my truck(i got out of work to late to hunt). 2 sundays ago when I did shoot my 8 point, i saw 10 bucks. My answer to the poll was 4. I think that is a realistic number on the property I hunt.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

My goal is usuallyto take at least one deer w/ the bow here in MA. This year I wanted to get at least 2. I have 2 doe down with the bow. Now I need a buck. I have never taken more than 2 deer in one season with the bow.

Quick Reply: Harvest Goal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.