Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Spotted! Mountain lions in Kansas >

Spotted! Mountain lions in Kansas

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spotted! Mountain lions in Kansas

Old 10-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Spotted! Mountain lions in Kansas

I don't think it's that hard to believe. I live in southeast Nebraska and there has been proof of more than a couple mountain lions in Nebraska. Last year there was one that was run over on the freeway in Omaha, as well as one that was shot by a police officer in a small town in central Nebraska. I'm not saying that there are starting to be mt. lions actually living in the area, but they do pass through. If the mountain lion saw you and got out of the way, I would say he/she is prolly gone by now. Start to worry when you see both a male and a female in the area. THen maybe, they are actually using your land as a core area.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:53 PM

Not hard to believe for me. They are in SE Oklahoma why wouldn't they be in Kansas In fact the Oklahoma wildlife department has changed the rules for shooting them.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Fork Horn

is it legal to bring a handgun w/ u just for a little extra protection...like if u have a ccw maybe?
Old 10-24-2007, 05:07 AM
Typical Buck

I hear the wolves howling and barking on my way into the stand but they don't scare me that much because you can hear them coming. Now that we have mountain lions here in minnesota it gets a little scary because there have been lots of sightings where I hunt. I wish Minnesota would let us carry a pistol or I'm gonna be walking in the first light rather than a half hour before light.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some Wi hunters may have heard about the cougars that have been spotted through out the state, also beware of the rattle snakes that the dnr released in Monroe County to get the turkey population udercontrol.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: KansasBBD

" 18 year old kansas teen bit in the jugular by mountain lion during a morning bow hunt. During an interview with the victim his only words were " i told you Germ, buckeye, and Paddles i wasnt lieing!" back to kevin with the weather" We'll see who gets the last laugh!
Now thats funny...Kevin at the weather station says "Gee Tom, I didn't know we had Mountain lions in Kansas, bet that was one surpirised hunter"

Tom Says: "I don'tget itKevin, I interviewed his brother, andhe said he warned him. Just goes to prove, you can't tell kids nothing these days!"
Old 10-24-2007, 05:18 AM
Bartender

You serious about the rattlers?
ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Some Wi hunters may have heard about the cougars that have been spotted through out the state, also beware of the rattle snakes that the dnr released in Monroe County to get the turkey population udercontrol.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Regretfully, Im being 100% serious about them both Tony.

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

Old 10-24-2007, 05:24 AM
Bartender

Sheesh that is messed up I did not hear a thing about this.
I drive through that county all the time and personally do not see the numbers of turkeys they claim.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well you know the DNR loves to exagerate on numbers. I have watched the turkey population drop drastically all over the state. I do alot of traveling and where you used to be able to drive past a field where you used to see 50-100 birds in a flock youre lucky if theres 5-10. Same goes for the deer herd numbers. What the hell is going on?

Sheesh that is messed up I did not hear a thing about this.
I drive through that county all the time and personally do not see the numbers of turkeys they claim.

Quick Reply: Spotted! Mountain lions in Kansas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.