Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Spotted! Mountain lions in Kansas >

Spotted! Mountain lions in Kansas

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spotted! Mountain lions in Kansas

Old 10-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default Spotted! Mountain lions in Kansas

Let me say this first, my brother is not the type toexaggerate stories or lie about anything and ive never seen him so shook up over anything. Anyways, my brother was taking a jog around our land in northeast kansas when he came up to one of our food plots. He said he saw a tan colored figure dart across the field, huncheddown,from the tree line, across the food plot and too the edge of the native grasses. He said it had a really long tail and appeard to be a huge cat( not a bobcat). He then said he stopped to look at it (it was around 100-150 yards away) and all of a sudden it crouched down and darted into the tall grass. All of a sudden he looked at the top of the hill and it popped up. He said it was the fasted he had ever seen anything move in his life. As he stood there watchign it, it sat on its hind legs and just watched him, not moving a bit. My brother said he had never ran that fast in his entire life.

Now my brother is a hunter(has been one for many years) and he said it was like nothing he had ever seen(he'd seen numerous bobcats deer etc) and he is positive its nothin other thana mountain lion.

Now this kinda scares me considering i have to walk to my stands in the dark of the morning, and when the sun has set. All i know is that if i see a mountain lion anytime while im hunting his ass is as good as dead( even though theres almost no chance of me seeing it again haha)
Old 10-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spotted! Mountain lions in Kansas

Don't worry, they kill quickly with a minimum of pain. They just go for the throat and before you know it, you're talking to the Lord.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

ha oh come on now! thats not what i want to hear! haha
Old 10-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

I am from North Central Kansas and I have heard of a few people seeing them. Make sure you only shoot one in self defense or the KDOW will probably be knocking on your door. Hopefully he is not in your tree when you get in it some morning .
Old 10-23-2007, 08:37 PM

about 20 min away from me the pa game comission has released 8 mountain lions to control the yote population. i know how you feel about walking to your stand. one guy said he heard something "following him" in the morning walk to his stand, when it got light the mountain lion was there, he shot it, called the game comission and told them the ear tag number. he didnt get into trouble or anything. everyday when i go out i fear the same
Old 10-23-2007, 08:42 PM

If i go in the woods i want to be the one hunting and not the hunted. Anything thats trying to hunt me will get an arrow in his ass.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:45 PM

there is an exotic feline rescue center near where i live and they have had a couple big cats excape. The most recent mountain lion has yet to be found... that was about a year ago.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Super G Force

I am from North Central Kansas and I have heard of a few people seeing them. Make sure you only shoot one in self defense or the KDOW will probably be knocking on your door. Hopefully he is not in your tree when you get in it some morning .
I consider if self defense if im hunting and a puma crosses my path and all i have is a bow! They can have the cat , all i care about is saving my own butt
Old 10-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

OOPS, My bow just accidentally went off. "Boy" I should be more careful, huh!
Old 10-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: KansasBBD

ORIGINAL: Super G Force

I consider if self defense if im hunting and a puma crosses my path and all i have is a bow! They can have the cat , all i care about is saving my own butt
I was just telling you that because I had heard a story in the past about a guy who shot a mountain lion that had a tracker inplanted in it. Not sure if it is true or not. Just hate to see someone get into trouble over a dangerous animal that the fish and game has most likely released into the wild. I have the same feelings you guys all do. I don't want them around either!

Quick Reply: Spotted! Mountain lions in Kansas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.