Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who has pissed out of their stand? >

Who has pissed out of their stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who has pissed out of their stand?

Old 10-23-2007, 06:54 PM

Default RE: Who has pissed out of their stand?

I've done it many times, and I'll do it again. I've also had deer come right in and smell it. Last year I shot a doe that was smelling a scrape I pissed in. It doesn't seem to bother the deer around me, they almost seem curious. Then again, maybe they're just used to my smell b/c I piss outside so much. LOL
Old 10-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maus, kudos man...how high up are ya? LOL I been there man but most of the aerial drops I have launch have been out of a permanent stand that has a strategic launch pad for such times.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer seem curious around me as well. They sniff it, then continue whatever they were doing.

As a matter of fact, lol...my buddy dropped a duece next to my stand one day (he hunted it in the morning, then I went there in the afternoon). I shot an 8 point that evening, while he was literally standing next to it.

I'm guessing it's just like all human scents. If you're in an area where deer don't see/smell people often, they probably more than likely spook..or at least get jumpy. I'm in an area close to many farms with kids playing, I'm close to a huge campground in a woods, and close to a large lake with boaters 9mo out of the year. The deer know human scents in my hunting ground...so I don't fear to whip it out and piss whenever I feel the need.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

I have done it once on my very first bow hunt ever and had a doe walk out at about 20 yards and watch me. I tried getting to my bow while still hanging out but she ended up spooking and moving down the road about 100 yards or so. But letting it go from the stand will spook a lot less than having to climb down and back up the stand.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats how I check the wind direction

Honetly I have never pee'd in, around, or anywhere near my stand, notsure it would alert deer or not, I just take every precaution I can. But if youre cool with it, let er rip!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Spike

My buddy does it all the time and I thought it was wrong until last night. He peed on his tree on our way in and an hour later I watched a nice buck walk right up to the tree he was in and pee on the bottom of it. Male dogs will do it so I guess it makes sense. I am no longer scared, I honestly wished I had to go this afternoon on my way in.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

pee is pee, let it rip
Old 10-23-2007, 07:54 PM

Let er rip....The deer cannot tell it is humane urine. I made a scrape the otherday and peed in it to see if deer would use it and we got a picture of a doe refreshing the scrape i made with my own pee. It was really cool. I believe Mo Bow has the pics since it was his camera.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:55 PM

Last weekend I was hunting in a ground blind. I had to go so I unzipped a window and went right there. Didnt seem to do anything because about 10 minutes later I had a doe walk through 25 yards away from me, then 5 minutes later a 4 point buck walks about 15 yards away from me.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Put my arrow through this little guy the sixth time I saw him... on public land. Did I mention I piss out of all my stands? The fifth time I saw him, he walked right under me -- but it was at dusk and I couldn't see my pins. He stopped directly underneath me, where I had pissed an hour before. He didn't even take an extra sniff.

Quick Reply: Who has pissed out of their stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.