HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   scent lock clothes in the store (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/213639-scent-lock-clothes-store.html)

Rhody Hunter 10-23-2007 01:41 PM

scent lock clothes in the store

Am i the only one who thinks it is wierd that they sell these scent blocking clothes in the store right on the shelf . There
absorbing all the smells and touching of dirty hands that the store offers. when you buy activated charcoal in a resperator or for fish tanks it is sealed ready for use.I would think that what little carbon that is in the clothes is saturated with what ever by the time you buy it.Why wouldn't they sell it in sealed bags?

txjourneyman 10-23-2007 01:43 PM

RE: scent lock clothes in the store

Because it doesn't REALLY matter?

mcouey 10-23-2007 01:47 PM

Why wouldn't they sell it in sealed bags?
I suspect that would tip some folks off to the fact that it won't work forever, and perhaps not very long at all. Suddenly that price seems a lot steeper.

cooter144 10-23-2007 01:50 PM

I wore a scent lok suit for many years and I don't believe the technology really works

I seemed like deerwould wind me just as often if not more

I do use scent killing type soaps for clothing and showers

HNI Jim 10-23-2007 01:56 PM

well even tho scent lok got sued people still going to buy it. LOL

Buy this product that is not effective at stoping non replicated human odors.

Deleted User 10-23-2007 02:04 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

HNI Jim 10-23-2007 02:07 PM

hmm i didnt know that dryers got to the needed 400 degrees to reactivate carbon. Hmm i must be living in the past.

Rhody Hunter 10-23-2007 02:11 PM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

My Scent Lok base layers definetly work. I washed them on a setting for over an hour and then dried them for 80mins. Heat reactivates them. Also, I wash them after everytime I use them. They are supossed to last for 30-40hours of normal hunting activities, whatever that means, spot and stalk would be different from stand hunting, anyway, I wash them and dry them for 80mins and then store them in a Tinks abg so that they dont absorb odors. EVERYTIME I WEAR THEM. Washing has NO affect on the carbon, so its all good.
30 -40 hours thats it . that means that they are inaffective after a few hunts. the heat of a dryer isn't hot enough to reactivate them

Deleted User 10-23-2007 02:16 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

SD_Gobbler 10-23-2007 02:19 PM

You are definately not the only one who wonders about this. I thought this the first time I saw scentlok stuff just sitting on the shelf. Im not personally a big believer in it, I just figure if I use enough of the scent remover sprays Ill be fine, its worked so far