HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Man it is hot in VA...and not just the weather!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/213618-man-hot-va-not-just-weather.html)

Vabowman 10-23-2007 11:28 AM

Man it is hot in VA...and not just the weather!!

Hello, new to the board!! Man things have been really good here in southeast Va, I mean people are drillin nice bucks left and right!! Everything from nice 15' to 21' spreads and the deer are moving. I have not been yet and not seen at least one deer. The weather ishot, but for some reason so are the deer. P.S. Notice not too many fellow Va's on here, trust me, Va is the BKS in the world of whitetail deer, anyone else agree??? I gues the cat is out !!!!!!!

Deleted User 10-23-2007 11:46 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Talondale 10-23-2007 11:53 AM

RE: Man it is hot in VA...and not just the weather!!

We have some nice pockets and liberal (ample) tag limits. Some of the southeastern counties have corn, bean, and peanut crops and swamps. Perfect buck country. I've seen deer just about every outing and I'm in the mountain region.

JoeyG 10-23-2007 11:53 AM

I havent had any nice bucks come by yet, and I havent got any shots on any does. [:@]
Hopefully this weekend I can get a shot at one with bow.
Did you hear.. If we dont get enough rain from now until muzzleloader they may cancel the muzzleloader season. Lots of people have been talking about it.

Finch 10-23-2007 12:14 PM

Welcome to the forums. I've been see plenty of deer but no shooters. I know of a few nice bucks...just waiting them out.

I have also heard about them cancelling muzzleloading. I know that will disappoint a lot of hunters. As long as I can take the bow..I'll be okay. I was thinking about it the other day. I wonder how many deer will get injured from last minute bow purchases if the season does get cancelled.

NCRemington700 10-23-2007 12:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Hello, new to the board!! Man things have been really good here in southeast Va, I mean people are drillin nice bucks left and right!! Everything from nice 15' to 21' spreads and the deer are moving. I have not been yet and not seen at least one deer. The weather ishot, but for some reason so are the deer. P.S. Notice not too many fellow Va's on here, trust me, Va is the BKS in the world of whitetail deer, anyone else agree??? I gues the cat is out !!!!!!!
How do they walk through the woods with 15 foot spreads?!!? Holy cow!! J/k Welcome to the boards!

Slo-Pitch 10-23-2007 01:02 PM

had buttons/spikes/does within bow range 6 out of 8 times out this year. But yet to evenlay eyes on a shooter while hunting so far this year.

Vabowman 10-24-2007 07:23 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome!! Well we are going to get some much needed rain here Va this week. Temps are going to cool a bit. It is only going to get better here!! Deer population in Va is now well over 1 million and looking strong. The mountain region is just sick when it comes to the amount of deer. As of now the black powder season is still on, personally, I could care less if it does come in, I love bowhunting, I don't own a smokepole!! Yes, there will be lots of crossbow buyers in a week if the season is closed for black powder, hopefully these guys will prepare themselves well enough to make clean shots!!!

bassfisherman711 10-24-2007 07:48 AM

I hunt in central VA, the deer have been moving, more so in the mornings recently because of the clear nights with full moon. But good news, signs of the RUT!!! a monster 8 trailed a doe past a friend yesterday, the buck didnt present a shot, but they are gettin frisky!

3DTHUNDER 10-24-2007 08:31 AM

Are you guys finding any scrapes at al? I live in the Southwest corner and was wondering if anybody else was finding some scrapes yet?