Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 all them expenses >

all them expenses

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

all them expenses

Old 10-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default all them expenses

WELL i did some figuring and i got my bow pretty cheap 350 for release and sight n stuff. then u got broadheads $35 arrows 75$ blazers and otehr small stuff 20$$ doe in heat 7$$ or standing by code blue 30$$ cloths; sent lock suit 150 or so$$ gloves 15$$ face mask 10$$$ now that is only the surface treestands $200- can go up 2 $400 or more targets $ 40there is so much stuffu no this is the oldest sport in the wolrd i would say. and look atwat we have 2 pay to get intothis sport. thats not counting tagsn stuff. it is almost rediculus anymore i mean really does doe in heat cose$6.00 it cost about50 cents n Y do we pay that wat are u guys's opions on all of this
Old 10-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: all them expenses

Per pound, venison is very expensive! Don't forget food, beer, gas, and processing. You end up with about 50 pounds of meat and you spend a fortune. But just like thevisa comercial.....PRICELESS!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

yea you are right grabbin them horns or watchin a youngster get his 1st on is really price less

Old 10-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

How true. Someone sent me a video at work the other day...of Bill Ingvall(sp???)(from blue collar comedy) and he did a little skit that added up all the costs of hunting and deer meat coming out to be $162.00 per pound or something like that. Of course...he was doing it all for his family. [8D]
Old 10-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

u no it is rediculus everybod wants to make a dollar and once they make 1 they want 2 n so on
Old 10-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everybody has things in their lives that they make sacrifices for, bowhunting is one of those things for me. Can't take it with ya!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

This iswhats called a strong economy. Everyone is making money and in turn theyare spending money. Ask an old timer what happens when people stop spending andstop making money, I am sure he will tell you about the Great Depression. I know this is overly simplifying it but it gets the idea across.

As far as equiptment go with stick and string, hunt the wind from the ground, shoot at a hay bale and forget the bottled scents and rub some cow Sh#* on your self. J/KMake it a simple or complicated as you want or you can afford.

I am going to guess you have some land to hunt because there was no complaints about lease fees.

Paul
Old 10-22-2007, 07:34 PM

Were a month into the season and Quicken says that I have spent $952.08 on deer hunting, and thats not counting last weekend because the numbers haven't caught up with my bank account yet. Don't kid yourself its fugging expensive.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

and it is so agrivatingi mean if don't make a nice little chunck of money guess wat!!! u better b able to make some stuff and no a few pplw ho can get u deals!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

I was just thinking about the the other day. My parents think im crazy for spending this much money when im only 18 years old, but i let them know at least im using it on something productive instead of drugs like most people i know.Plus i worked the entire summer for it. They like to give me a hard time but in the end there glad im so passionate about something. total cost: $750 on bow, case,arrows,broadheads. around 300 on scent lok(base layers/ and suit) 60 on a target, 200 on range finder, 100 on back pack, 50 on other things(calls etc) 50ish on dead down wind, 100 on binoculars500 on stands (that was split between my brother and I). My dad was really into hunting when he was younger so he new how important it was in the growing up process so he bought us a deer condo for a family christmas present $2000 and then another quad stand for 200.

My family sees it as a priceless investment in memories we make out in the field. And i dont mind paying for what i love!

Quick Reply: all them expenses

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.