Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My Ghillie Suit is almost done!!!!!!! >

My Ghillie Suit is almost done!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Ghillie Suit is almost done!!!!!!!

Old 10-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Ghillie Suit is almost done!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: springcaller

I wanted to take a spring turkey with a bow and no blind. I know you guy's think I'm crazy but I think I can do it.
It can definately be done, we killed almost every one of our birds with no blind this year.

As for the suit it looks great! Im impressed to say the least...One thing you might want to consider when making the top is that your bowstring will be zipping by your chest area so make sure you cut the material short on your chest and arm on the side you hold your bow.

Nice looking suit!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:02 PM

great looking suit..
Old 10-22-2007, 09:28 PM

That is better than any suit I've seen in a catalog. You did a very exceptional job in my opinion. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:16 PM

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

ORIGINAL: springcaller

I wanted to take a spring turkey with a bow and no blind. I know you guy's think I'm crazy but I think I can do it.
It can definately be done, we killed almost every one of our birds with no blind this year.

As for the suit it looks great! Im impressed to say the least...One thing you might want to consider when making the top is that your bowstring will be zipping by your chest area so make sure you cut the material short on your chest and arm on the side you hold your bow.

Nice looking suit!
I thought about that, I think Im going to extend my netting a litlle so that I can flip it up when bow hunting. I will do the same thing with my face mask. I think if I make it long enough I will be able to fold it over itself so that it will be out of the way. I can already tell you that Im a little worried about the heat but I think I can work through it for a chance at a long beard.

I tried this year to hunt without a blind but couldn't put anything together. I bought a 3D leafy suit and thought I would blend well. I was wrong to say the least!! I hunt in an area were the birds are bothered a lot. I had 4 jakes come in and do a 180 at about 35 yards, I hadn't even moved yet. I think this is why it's such a challenge, when you call a bird he is expecting to see one when he comes in. I hope that with this suit I won't stick out like a sore thumb.

Thanks again guy's, your really helping me push through the monotony of looping all this twine.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Eric,

I would definately recomend using a decoy when trying to kill a bird without a blind. You definately need something to distract their attention a little bit. Without a decoy, they are looking for ANY movement what-so-ever. Good luck!
Old 10-23-2007, 06:00 AM

I had decoy's out but I think I set them up a little too far out. I think when the birds came in they where a little nervous. Then my calling wasn't in the same spot as the decoys. I'm pretty sure a bird has the ability to track a call within a couple of feet. I also plan on trying to stalk next year. most of the birds I seen last season were in fields and wouldn't come to calling.I know now, or at least think I know what I need to do for next season. I really think this suit will help out though. I'm hoping to get itdone soon so that I can try it out in thelate deer season.