Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My Ghillie Suit is almost done!!!!!!! >

My Ghillie Suit is almost done!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Ghillie Suit is almost done!!!!!!!

Old 10-21-2007, 10:48 PM

Default My Ghillie Suit is almost done!!!!!!!

Well guy's, some of you may be wondering why I'm posting this here. During the spring I seen a thread about making your own ghillie suit. I thought it was a great idea seeing as how I wanted to take a spring turkey with a bow and no blind. I know you guy's think I'm crazy but I think I can do it.

Tell me what you think about what I have done so far. I still have to complete the top, hat and bag that I'm going to be carrying. I was rather pleased with the way it looks but thought I would get some input before completing the entire outfit.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-22-2007, 02:51 AM

Default RE: My Ghillie Suit is almost done!!!!!!!

Eric, that picture message you sent me yesterday didn't do your suit justice. It looks great!

Tell us the real reason you made that. Is it so you can hide from the wife?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very impressive , maybe you coulddo a thread showing how you made it . i for one would like to try myself , cannot wait see the finished suit .
Old 10-22-2007, 06:07 AM

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Eric, that picture message you sent me yesterday didn't do your suit justice. It looks great!

Tell us the real reason you made that. Is it so you can hide from the wife?
Now that you have mentioned it, thats not a bad idea. I plan to finish it within the next month if all goes well.

After completion I will try to post a DIY thread with the basics. You can do a google search and find some info on hw to get started. The hardest thing to do is find the JUTE twine (Burlap).

Thanks for the comments guy's, the next pics I post will be of me in the woods, guess we will see just how good it is at that point. Just hope big foot isn't looking for any dates
Old 10-22-2007, 06:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Great looking ghillie, looks a lot like the one I bought for $90 at Meijer recently. I tried making a ghillie from a kit once, and discovered that my patience definitely does have limits.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:15 AM

That looks great man! If the rest of the suit turns out that good, you should have no problems when you get that gobbler in close for a shot.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

looks awesome!

i always wanted to get around to building one..but havent yet lol.

i crow hunted with a guy that wore his. let me tell you, they are amazing. he could been a foot away and you wouldnt have noticed. he whistled for us to leave, then he sat there motionless...my buddy and I walked by him a couple times no joke.

did you dye the jute or did you find it those colors? ive seen some you could buy already dyed. just curious. i like the fake leaves...

bailsuk...theres 10000s of pages online dedicated to just making ghille suits...a quick search aughta turn up more info than you need.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC !!!!

That is coming from someone who has made 2 ghillie suits. Those pants just blow my mind!
I'd love to hear what you did to come up with that particular style.

Freakin Awesome!
Old 10-22-2007, 06:36 AM

I bought it dyed. It's a true test of patients and I didn't think I needed to add any processes. However, I was able to shorten a process by finding another method of attaching the netting.

I looked at buying a pre-made ghillie but didn't like the colors. All the pre-made stuff seems to dark, I think if the suit is to dark that you should just wear a 2D mossy oak or realtree pattern (Doesn't break you up enough). I wanted to make something that would break me up no matter what terrain I'm in. I purchased some ASAT camo this year and liked it so much that I wanted to make a 3D camo suit with a more open pattern ( I hope I accomplished that). Like I said, it may be all wrong, the true test will be the game I persue. I may try to get some video before deer season goes out.

Quick Reply: My Ghillie Suit is almost done!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.