Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 gettin close show what the heck are they doing >

gettin close show what the heck are they doing

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

gettin close show what the heck are they doing

Old 10-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: gettin close show what the heck are they doing

ORIGINAL: cooter144

Sorry guys but hunting shows are about getting footage of big bucks...not venison steaks.
This is my point exactly. Well said.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

For that, flip to the Food Network. Iron Chef America - Venison Challenge!! Now, that's some tasty eats!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

ORIGINAL: cooter144 Sorry guys but hunting shows are about getting footage of big bucks...not venison steaks.
This is my point exactly. Well said.
What I mean by my quote is that I really don't think that most people who watch these shows (myself included) care about how they are preparing their meat or who is eating it.

I eat some of my deer and other times I donate it to the food pantry or give it away. Mymain reason for hunting is not for meat...it is the thrill ofhunting big bucks thatmotivates me.

I would rather eat a ribeye beef steak any day over venison.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: cooter144

What I mean by my quote is that I really don't think that most people who watch these shows (myself included) care about how they are preparing their meat or who is eating it.

I eat some of my deer and other times I donate it to the food pantry or give it away. My main reason for hunting is not for meat...it is the thrill of hunting big bucks that motivates me.

I would rather eat a ribeye beef steak any day over venison.

True, I would venture to guess that most guys on this site hunt for sport rather than a need for food. I think what got everyone cranked was that there was an impression that there was a disregard for the meat, and that a photo opp was taking priority. If this was the case , which fortunately we have established that it wasn't, it would be due to the point we were both making and that is that the show is about watching big bucks being taken to promote the sponsors and their product.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have the complete eps. where this happen would you like to see it i have the proof.
ORIGINAL: Stormy_NY

Please tell me you guys are not serious ...and are saying this stuff with no proof . Are you really telling me that taking the time to take some pics is going to ruin the meat? You guys really look for something to dis these people and even if there is nothing there you make it up.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

i understand that they are there to kill big bucks to get paid i do not see it as a job but hunting and getting paid i have no problem with that .

If flys are out then the deer should be butchered and frozen or fridge till ate .

as for aging that another fight lol I do understand that some of you wont your deer to feel and taste like steaks

but do you understand how they age store bought meat in 65 degree weather for three days with special lights to kill any Bactria makes me sick thinking my meat was at 65 degree for three days that came fromthe university of Wyoming

also i think it shows them as beign sold out that there intro video is pictures and video of them around equipment that ha there sponsors logo on it . again i know there there to get paid but dam come on .
Old 10-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Spike

Who cares what they do with their deer. They produce a hunting show not a field dressing show. And I for one think they make one heck of a show...one of the best. For the comment about them dragging and gutting their own deer, they are one private land with an outfitter. If anyone not just t.v. stars....but anyone, goes to an outfitter they do it all for you. Thats part of the lure and price and why people are willing to pay so much. Your not just paying for the deer but lodging, food and taking care of your deer. Most of them even vacum seal it and ship it to your house or wherever. They arent going to waste the meat either. Like people have said they donate the extra believe that. They(hunters) are under enough criticism already they arent going to add more to it. Well thats my 2 cents.....just joind last week great forum.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:17 PM

Ithought the issue was they did not GUT the deer for several days. I agree that leaving the skin on in a cooler is not a big deal, but not gutting them seems gross to me...
Old 10-22-2007, 06:29 PM

There is quite a bit of time and care that goes into preping the animal before any photos are taken. That is why it looked as though the deer wasn't gutted.

None of the celebs waste the animals they shoot. The meat is donated to different local organizations.

No need to assume something is amiss because you don't understand the situation.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

I (and I think we) really don't know what happens to the meat post kill. What I don't understand is this. Why would they not donate what they won't use.I'm sure they wouldn't have to do any of the work themselves, plus they could get some good publicity out of the deal. Not to mention, they'd be helping a lot of people.

Why not make it a disclaimer on the show? Or do a 10 sec. bit every couple of shows about how all their extra meat goes to such and such organization? Frankly, I'd be disappointed if they didn't. So what if they're professional hunters? They can still kill animals. Just use the publicity and resources to promote a worthy cause like Hunters for the Hungry, etc. To simply throw the meat away, in my opinion, would be irresponsible.

Quick Reply: gettin close show what the heck are they doing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.